The Nikkei average rose in Tuesdays trading session following the Chinese presidents speech
2018-04-10 06:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 46
Japan’s Nikkei share average surged in late morning trade on Tuesday, as automakers rose after Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to lower import tariffs on products including cars this year.
The comments come amid rising trade tensions between China and the United States following a week of escalating tariff threats sparked by U.S. frustration with China’s trade and intellectual property policies. The growing rift between the world’s two largest economiest is worrying financial markets over potential damage to global growth.
At the midday break, the Nikkei rose 1.1 percent to 21,913.06, after trading in negative territory earlier.
Xi also said China would raise the foreign ownership limit in the automobile sector “as soon as possible” and push previously announced measures to open the financial sector.
“He spoke in more details than the market had expected,” said Nobuhiko Kuramochi, a strategist at Mizuho Securities. “The market was focused on mention about some sectors including auto and finance, and he seems to have delivered enough details to satisfy investors.”
The transport equipment sector gained 1.5 percent and was the third-biggest gainer on the board, with Toyota Motor Corp surging 1.9 percent, Honda Motor Co jumping 2.1 percent and Mazda Motor Corp gaining 1.0 percent.
Companies with large exposure to China also staged a rally.
Industrial robot maker Fanuc Corp soared 3.1 percent, machine tool maker Okuma gained 2.5 percent and construction machinery maker Komatsu advanced 2.9 percent.
The broader Topix gained 0.9 percent to 1,740.78
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears were able to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index as the NASDAQ index retreated to level of 6640, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 6709 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 24 April 2018 12:29 am2018-04-24
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 23 April 2018 10:43 pm2018-04-22
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 23 April 2018 10:41 pm2018-04-22
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 20 April 2018 05:47 am2018-04-20
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 20 April 2018 05:37 am2018-04-20
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 19 April 2018 12:18 am2018-04-19
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 19 April 2018 12:16 am2018-04-19
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 18 April 2018 02:19 am2018-04-18
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 18 April 2018 02:08 am2018-04-18
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15