The Nikkei average rose in Tuesdays trading session following the Chinese presidents speech
2018-04-10 06:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 238
Japan’s Nikkei share average surged in late morning trade on Tuesday, as automakers rose after Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to lower import tariffs on products including cars this year.
The comments come amid rising trade tensions between China and the United States following a week of escalating tariff threats sparked by U.S. frustration with China’s trade and intellectual property policies. The growing rift between the world’s two largest economiest is worrying financial markets over potential damage to global growth.
At the midday break, the Nikkei rose 1.1 percent to 21,913.06, after trading in negative territory earlier.
Xi also said China would raise the foreign ownership limit in the automobile sector “as soon as possible” and push previously announced measures to open the financial sector.
“He spoke in more details than the market had expected,” said Nobuhiko Kuramochi, a strategist at Mizuho Securities. “The market was focused on mention about some sectors including auto and finance, and he seems to have delivered enough details to satisfy investors.”
The transport equipment sector gained 1.5 percent and was the third-biggest gainer on the board, with Toyota Motor Corp surging 1.9 percent, Honda Motor Co jumping 2.1 percent and Mazda Motor Corp gaining 1.0 percent.
Companies with large exposure to China also staged a rally.
Industrial robot maker Fanuc Corp soared 3.1 percent, machine tool maker Okuma gained 2.5 percent and construction machinery maker Komatsu advanced 2.9 percent.
The broader Topix gained 0.9 percent to 1,740.78
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 6864-6903, retreating downside to hit the NASDAQ 100 to the support level of 6644 forming a positive candlestick pattern. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery. Accordingly, we…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 December 2018 01:09 pm2018-12-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 13 December 2018 12:45 am2018-12-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:43 am2018-12-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 12 December 2018 12:23 am2018-12-12
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:20 am2018-12-12
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 11 December 2018 05:41 am2018-12-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:39 am2018-12-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 December 2018 08:55 pm2018-12-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:53 pm2018-12-09
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15