Japans Nikkei average rose on Friday morning following suggestions by US President Donald Trump
2018-04-13 06:36 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 266
Japan’s Nikkei share average rose on Friday morning as suggestions from U.S. President Donald Trump that a military strike on Syria may not be imminent supported investor sentiment and higher U.S. bond yields helped financial stocks.
The Nikkei gained 0.9 percent to 21,863.02 in midmorning trade. For the week, the index has added 1.4 percent, heading for a third straight week of gains.
Trump said in a tweet on Thursday that a possible attack on Syria could occur “very soon or not so soon at all,” easing fears of confrontation with Russia.
Most sectors were in positive territory, with financials outperforming on the back of rising U.S. yields. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group surged 3.1 percent and insurer T&D Holdings soared 2.5 percent.
Electronic components makers and chip equipment makers also gained ground, with TDK Corp jumping 4.6 percent, Advantest Corp soaring 3.5 percent and Alps Electric surging 4.5 percent.
Index-heavy Fast Retailing gained 1.6 percent after raising its profit forecast, contributing a hefty 29 points to the Nikkei benchmark, or more than 10 percent of its gains.
The broader Topix gained 1.0 percent to 1,735.25.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 6864-6903, retreating downside to hit the NASDAQ 100 to the support level of 6644 forming a positive candlestick pattern. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery. Accordingly, we…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 December 2018 01:09 pm2018-12-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 13 December 2018 12:45 am2018-12-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 13 December 2018 12:43 am2018-12-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 12 December 2018 12:23 am2018-12-12
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:20 am2018-12-12
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 11 December 2018 05:41 am2018-12-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:39 am2018-12-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 December 2018 08:55 pm2018-12-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:53 pm2018-12-09
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15