Japans Nikkei share average rose to three month highs on Friday
2018-05-11 06:33 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 47
Japan’s Nikkei share average rose to three-month highs on Friday, buoyed by a surge on Wall Street after weaker-than-expected U.S. inflation data eased concerns over the Federal Reserve hiking interest rates at an accelerated pace.
The Nikkei was up 0.75 percent at 22,663.08 after brushing 22,714.29, its highest since Feb. 5. The index has gained about 1 percent this week.
The broader Topix was up 0.56 percent at 1,787.64.
Chip-related shares rose after a surge by Apple lifted their U.S. peers. Tokyo Electron gained 2.3 percent, Advantest Corp added 1 pct and Murata Manufacturing climbed 3.5 percent.
Suzuki Motor Corp gained 7 percent after the automaker reported that its operating profit jumped 40.3 percent to 374.2 billion yen ($3.42 billion) for the year ended March, outperforming analyst estimates. Suzuki also anticipates a 2.3 percent rise in global vehicle sales this year to a record 3.3 million units.
With the earnings season in full swing corporate results dictated moves in other shares.
Panasonic Corp gained 4.7 percent after the electronics conglomerate reported a 58 percent surge in net profit for the year ended March to 236.04 billion yen thanks to growth in its automotive-related businesses.
Kirin Holdings advanced 1.8 percent after the brewer’s operating profit increased 26.4 percent to 74.4 billion yen in the January-March quarter.
Internet and e-commerce giant Rakuten Inc, on the other hand, lost 4.45 percent. Rakuten saw its operating profit slip 30.5 percent to 28.1 billion yen in the January-March quarter, with increases in e-commerce costs and its sponsorship deal with Spanish football club FC Barcelona seen to have weighed.
Of Tokyo’s 33 sub-indexes, 23 gained, led by precision machinery.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway in the near-term The NASDAQ is still facing resistance around level of 6951 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to lower indicators Therefore we expect that the NASDAQ 100 will fall to level of 6851 The alternative scenario is that the NASDAQ 100 breach level 6951 to upside…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 23 May 2018 12:17 am2018-05-23
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 21 May 2018 11:15 pm2018-05-20
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 21 May 2018 11:10 pm2018-05-20
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 18 May 2018 01:04 pm2018-05-18
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 18 May 2018 12:52 pm2018-05-18
- SP500 Technical Analysis 17 May 2018 12:18 am2018-05-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 17 May 2018 12:15 am2018-05-17
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 17 May 2018 12:12 am2018-05-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 May 2018 05:39 am2018-05-15
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15