Japans Nikkei share average edged up in choppy trade on Monday morning
2018-05-14 06:23 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 154
Japan’s Nikkei share average edged up in choppy trade on Monday morning following sharp gains in cosmetics maker Shiseido after better-than-expected earnings offset weak tech shares, which tracked declines in their U.S. counterparts last week.
The Nikkei gained 0.1 percent to 22,780.52 in midmorning trade, after opening a tad lower.
Shiseido Co jumped more than 15 percent to a record high and was the second most traded stock by turnover after its operating profit for the January-March quarter soared 95.3 percent to 47.1 billion yen.
It contributed a hefty 41 positive points to the Nikkei.
SMBC Nikko Securities said that it was better than the brokerage’s forecast of 28.5 billion yen thanks to strong sales for mid-priced cosmetics products in the domestic market and brisk demand from inbound tourists.
Meanwhile, analysts said that overall gains in the market may be limited on Monday as the weak-yen trend has paused, with the dollar trading flat at 109.330 yen.
“While many companies have their dollar-yen assumptions at 105 yen, the market remains cautious about the risk of rising yen,” said Yutaka Miura, a senior technical analyst at Mizuho Securities.
Tech shares lost ground, with Tokyo Electron shedding 0.7 percent, while Advantest sliding 2.1 percent.
Olympus Corp stumbled as much as 5.8 percent to the lowest level since last October after it expected an operating profit of 81 billion yen for the year ending March 2019, undershooting 91 billion yen forecast by 15 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
The broader Topix gained 0.2 percent to 1,798.94.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 6632 level like the Dow Jones, where we see a weakness in the momentum of the NASDAQ 100, and the NASDAQ 100 is not able to exceed the Bollinger's moving average line. In view of the technical indicators Both…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 january 2019 10:40 am2019-01-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 January 2019 08:52 am2019-01-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 january 2019 06:07 am2019-01-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 January 2019 06:05 am2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01