Japanese stocks fell Tuesday from a three and a half month high
2018-05-22 06:56 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 131
Japanese stocks fell Tuesday from a three-and-a-half-day high of the previous day, as financial stocks fell as investors took profits, with record gains in US bond yields.
The Nikkei was down 0.2 percent at 22,960.34. The Topix index shed 0.2 percent to 1,809.57 points on financials. The volume was weak, with 1.28 billion shares traded, the lowest since early April.
The reduction of fears of a Sino-US trade war came as Japanese stocks rose yesterday, a key factor behind Wall Street's strong gains overnight.
Analysts said that with full-year earnings data from Japanese companies, investors are waiting for new incentives.
"The Nikkei has hit a psychologically important level at 23,000, which in part is pushing for profits," said Takoya Takahashi, strategist at Daiwa Securities.
Takahashi said the annual corporate outlook is based on similar levels of the dollar versus the yen around 105, so long as the current exchange rate of the US dollar is stronger, there is hope that companies will eventually revise their earnings estimates.
"There is little concern about profits at the moment, but investors do not hope for a higher market before they are convinced that companies will do better than expected, they want to see how they will perform in the first quarter.
Japan's insurance index continued to fall this week to 4.0 percent as US bond yields fell from a seven-year high.
Investors maintained gains in the sector, one of the best performing sectors since March, as fears of trade wars gripped exporters and others vulnerable to tariff threats.
Shares in T & D Holdings fell 2.7 per cent, MS & AD fell 2.8 per cent and bank shares fell 0.3 per cent, with MUFG down 0.2 per cent.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The bears managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to retreat to the 6590 level as it faced resistance and selling pressure around the important resistance level of 7100, which pushed it the support level of 6644. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 12 December 2018 12:20 am2018-12-12
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 11 December 2018 05:41 am2018-12-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:39 am2018-12-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 December 2018 08:55 pm2018-12-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:53 pm2018-12-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 5 December 2018 11:25 pm2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 4 December 2018 05:51 am2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 4 December 2018 05:45 am2018-12-04
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15