Japans Nikkei index ended Friday trading down
2018-06-08 07:39 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 163
Japan's Nikkei finished down 0.6% at 22,694.50 and the Nikkei is up 2.4% for the week, its biggest gain in 11 weeks. The broader TOPIX index was down 0.4 percent at 1,781.44. On Thursday, the Nikkei index reached levels not seen in more than two weeks.
Takuya Takahashi, a strategist at Daiwa Securities, said the market was waiting for the Fed to raise as well as ECB meetings. There is still a risk that the results may not be what the market is expecting, but given the momentum the Nikkei has recovered this week, the market appears to be somewhat optimistic. "
The Federal Reserve is widely expected to announce a rate hike on Wednesday, while the European Central Bank will discuss next week whether to end the bond purchase later this year.
Investors were cautious as US President Donald Trump held his hawkish stance against major allies ahead of the summit on Friday and Saturday in Charlevoix, Quebec, after imposing a tariff on steel and aluminum imports from Canada, Mexico and the European Union.
Shares in large caps fell, with Softbank down 2.9 percent and Funuc Corp down 1.3 percent and Tokyo Electron down 2.12 percent.
Defense stocks such as railways and utilities outperformed. West Japan Railways rose 0.1 percent and Tokyo Gas rose 0.9 percent.
Shares in Kikkoman Corp. rose 1.9 percent following an media report that the honorary CEO said he planned to set up sales companies to sell soy sauce in South America and India.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to break through the resistance level of 6630 to reach the level of 6721 where it faced around this level to retreat slightly to level of 6625 likely the Dow Jones, but we note that there is a…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 17 January 2019 09:46 am2019-01-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 16 January 2019 09:27 am2019-01-16
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 16 January 2019 09:09 am2019-01-16
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 January 2019 11:35 pm2019-01-14
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01