European stocks are down on Friday and eyes are on the G7 leaders meeting
2018-06-08 08:22 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 90
European stocks are opening lower on Friday as investors await the G7 leaders' meeting amid sharp tensions between US President Donald Trump and most of the participating statesmen.
Investors are also looking for directional indicators from the US and European Central Bank meetings as well as the meeting of the world's top oil producers in Vienna on June 22.
Asian markets retreated as US Treasury yields recovered and Brazilian assets plummeted due to growing pessimism about the economy. Also, Turkey surprised analysts by tightening monetary policy for the third time this quarter.
On the data front, China's exports rose faster than expected in May, while imports jumped at the fastest pace since January, data from the General Administration of Customs showed.
In terms of dollar value, exports rose by 12.6 percent year-on-year, faster than the 11.1 percent rise. Imports rose 26.0 percent in May last year, higher than economists' forecasts of a growth of 18.2 percent.
Japan's GDP fell 0.2 percent sequentially in the first three months of 2018, the prime minister's office said in a final reading. This did not change from the initial reading on May 16, although it defies expectations of an upward revision to -0.1%.
The permanent jobs report published by IHS Markit and the Employment Union showed earlier in the day that UK permanent employment growth was at a five-month low in May.
Brent crude futures extended gains after rising by nearly $ 2 a barrel on Thursday amid speculation that Saudi Arabia, other OPEC nations and non-OPEC allies may be in compliance with an agreement to cut oil supplies by the end of 2018.
European markets fell modestly on Thursday, even as rising bond yields helped lift bank stocks. The Euro Stoxx fell 0.2 per cent after disappointing data on euro area exports and German factory orders.
Germany's DAX and France's CAC 40 fell 0.2 percent and the FTSE 100 fell 0.1 percent.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to reach again to the main resistance level around the level of 7470 where it faces resistance and selling pressure around this level to retreat to the level of support 7404 forming a positive candlesticks pattern In view…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 August 2018 11:20 pm2018-08-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 13 August 2018 09:29 pm2018-08-12
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 13 August 2018 09:27 pm2018-08-12
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 August 2018 11:15 pm2018-08-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 August 2018 11:12 pm2018-08-08
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 August 2018 11:36 pm2018-08-07
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 August 2018 11:34 pm2018-08-07
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 7 August 2018 12:06 am2018-08-07
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 7 August 2018 12:03 am2018-08-07
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15