US markets start the week in the green zone amid declining volumes
2018-06-11 04:08 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 168
US markets open on Monday on slight gains, with the Dow Jones and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index reaching their best levels of the day within three months. The interest in buying remained low, limiting the upward trend of key indicators.
Currently, the major averages are away from session highs but remain in the positive territory. The Dow Jones was up 12.67 points, or 0.1 percent, at 25,338.20. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 5.89 points, or 0.1 percent, at 7651.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.05 points, or 0.2 percent, at 2,784.08.
Traders seem reluctant to take more important steps ahead of the historic summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on Tuesday.
Before the meeting, Foreign Secretary Mike Pompeo noted that the United States was ready to provide "unique" security assurances to North Korea in return for a complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of Korea.
In a statement last Thursday, Trump expressed some optimism about his meeting with Kim, but stressed that he was willing to abandon negotiations.
Trump said his administration had stopped using the term "maximum pressure" for North Korea and suggested that the success of the negotiations could determine whether to use words after the meeting.
In addition to the Trump meeting with Kim, traders are also looking to announce monetary policy from the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank.
The Federal Reserve is widely expected to raise interest rates by 25 basis points, while the ECB has indicated that its meeting will be used to discuss the end of the bond purchase program.
Reports on consumer and producer inflation, retail sales and industrial production are likely to attract some attention this week.
At the same time, trade concerns may continue to rise after Trump retreated from the G7 joint statement over the weekend.
Trump continued to push US allies to trade after leaving the G7 summit early to attend the meeting with Kim in Singapore.
"We can not allow our friends or our enemies to take advantage of us on trade anymore.
Transport, steel and natural gas shares gained some strength in morning trade as utility companies moved into a downward trend.
In foreign trade, equity markets in Asia and the Pacific experienced mixed performance during trading on Monday. Japan's Nikkei 225 rose 0.5 percent, while the Shanghai Composite Index fell 0.5 percent.
At the same time, the major European markets moved towards the upside during the day. While the FTSE 100 in the UK rose 0.6 percent, France's CAC 40 and Germany's DAX both gained 0.4 percent.
In the bond market, Treasuries trailed back almost immediately after the close of the previous session. As a result, the yield on the 10-year benchmark, which is moving up by 3.1 basis points, rose to 2.968%.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to bounce the NASDAQ 100 index to reach the level of 7290 where it faces some selling pressure around this level. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 18 March 2019 09:08 am2019-03-18
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 March 2019 08:58 am2019-03-15
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 March 2019 08:54 am2019-03-15
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 14 March 2019 05:22 am2019-03-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 14 March 2019 05:19 am2019-03-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 13 March 2019 05:23 am2019-03-13
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 13 March 2019 05:20 am2019-03-13
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 March 2019 11:59 pm2019-03-10
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 March 2019 11:46 pm2019-03-10
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01