Japanese stocks rose on Wednesday but gains were limited as many investors awaited the Federal Reserves decision
2018-06-13 08:12 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 114
Japanese stocks rose on Wednesday, but gains were limited as many investors awaited the Federal Reserve's decision later in the day, while Toshiba jumped after announcing a repurchase.
Shares in Toshiba rose 6.7 percent after it said it would buy back nearly 700 billion yen ($ 6.33 billion) of its shares.
The Nikkei <.N225> was up 0.4 percent at 22,966.38. The broader Topix index gained 0.4 percent to 1,800,800.
Investors shifted interest from the US and North Korea summit on Tuesday in Singapore to the next Fed decision and statement.
"There are few people expecting details on nuclear disarmament," said Hikaru Sato, a senior technical analyst at Daiwa Securities.
While the Federal Reserve is widely expected to raise interest rates for the second time this year, the market is watching how US revenue moves after its comments after the meeting, he said.
Investors are looking for hints on whether the Fed wants to raise interest rates this year. If so, it is likely to weaken US stocks, which will put pressure on Japanese stocks.
In Wednesday's trading, exporters' shares were mixed, as automakers attracted buying, while technology stocks were sold. Toyota Motor Corp rose 1.3 percent, while Advantest Corp <.VX> fell 0.7 percent and Panasonic Corp. <.N> fell 0.5 percent.
Nintendo dropped 6.2 percent and was the most heavily traded stock by turnover. The investors disappointed investors after viewing at E3 2018 in Los Angeles, dealers said. Traders said the new games titles for the Nintendo Switch keys advertised in the games event did not include headlines.
Time frame Used - four hours The Dow Jones industrial average30 is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The sell-off was able to control the movement of the Dow Jones to witness the Dow Jones index a violent wave of successive declines to level of 24128 as bulls managed to stop the decline of consecutive decline to push the Dow Jones back again to reach the resistance…
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 11 December 2018 05:41 am2018-12-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 11 December 2018 05:39 am2018-12-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 December 2018 08:55 pm2018-12-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:53 pm2018-12-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 5 December 2018 11:25 pm2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 4 December 2018 05:51 am2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 4 December 2018 05:45 am2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 3 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-02
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15