UK stocks rose on Wednesday extending gains for a fourth straight session
2018-08-08 12:14 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 105
UK stocks rose on Wednesday, extending gains for a fourth straight session, as investors continued to grab energy stocks despite slightly lower crude oil prices.
The FTSE 100 was up 66.55 points, or 0.85 percent, at 7785.03. The index rose 0.71 percent on Tuesday.
Standard Life and Burberry Group rose 2.7 percent and 2.5 percent respectively. Winning 2.3 pct. Ashtead Group, Intu Properties, Intercontinental Hotels and Centrica are around 2 per cent.
Centrica, Carnival, Micro Focus, Mediclinic, Whitbread and 3I Group range from 1.5 to 1.7%.
Paddy Power fell 5 percent after the company revised its full-year outlook despite strong earnings growth in the second quarter. British Land, Glencore and Merlin Leisure are down 0.4 to 0.7 per cent.
Among other major European markets, Germany and France fell marginally after a slightly higher opening.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The bears managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to retreat to the 6590 level as it faced resistance and selling pressure around the important resistance level of 7100 which pushed it back down again. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 December 2018 08:53 pm2018-12-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 5 December 2018 11:25 pm2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 5 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 4 December 2018 05:51 am2018-12-04
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 4 December 2018 05:45 am2018-12-04
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 3 December 2018 11:23 pm2018-12-02
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 3 December 2018 11:14 pm2018-12-02
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 30 November 2018 07:46 am2018-11-30
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 30 November 2018 07:43 am2018-11-30
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15