The reprisals between US and Chinese trade tariffs negatively affect the performance of US indices
2018-08-09 04:50 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 77
Increased reprisals between US and Chinese trade tariffs raise investor fears. He also closely monitors the decline in oil prices.
The geopolitical developments, especially the possible new sanctions on Russia, could provoke market reactions.
With Dow Jones futures up 4.00 points, S & P 500 futures adding 2.00 points and Nasdaq 100 futures up 1.75 points.
US stocks ended mixed on Wednesday. The Nasdaq rose 4.66 points, or 0.1 percent, to 7,888.33. The Dow Jones was down 45.16 points, or 0.2 percent, to 25.583.75. The S & P 500 dropped 0.75 points, or 10 percent, to 2857.70.
Chicago Fed Chairman Charles Evans will speak about current economic conditions and monetary policy in a closed-door interview until 1:00 pm EST in Chicago at 9:30 am ET.
The Fed's balance sheet will be published this week at 4:30 pm EST. The previous week, the level was at 4.256 trillion.
The money supply will also be disclosed for the week at 4:30 pm ET. The weekly change was M2 7.5 billion.
Viacom Inc reported its third-quarter profit, which fell 23.6% from last year, reflecting a profit from the sale of an investment in EPIX in the previous quarter. The adjusted earnings per share exceeded analysts' forecasts, while quarterly earnings lost their estimates.
Net profit attributable to the company in the third quarter fell 23.6 percent to $ 522 million from $ 683 million a year earlier, with earnings per share falling to $ 1.29 from $ 1.70 last year.
Operating income grew 1% to $ 752 million, driven mainly by restructuring fees in the previous quarter and improved Filmed Entertainment operational results. Adjusted operating income fell 5% to $ 767 million in the quarter.
Japanese stocks fell. The benchmark Nikkei <was down 45.92 points, or 0.20 percent, at 22,598.39, while the broader TOPIX index was down 0.26 percent at 1,740.16.
Australian shares rose significantly, with the S & P / ASX 200 and All Ordinaries rising almost half a percent to close at 6,297.70 and 6,383.60 respectively.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to penetrate the level of 7117 higher In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the NASDAQ 100 will test level of 7211 again The…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:05 pm2018-10-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 12 October 2018 11:50 pm2018-10-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:48 pm2018-10-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 11 October 2018 05:48 am2018-10-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:40 am2018-10-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 October 2018 05:29 am2018-10-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:27 am2018-10-10
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 October 2018 11:15 pm2018-10-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 October 2018 11:13 pm2018-10-08
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15