US retail sales rose in August
2018-09-14 01:22 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 35
The US Federal Bureau of Statistics said in a report released on Friday that the seasonally adjusted retail sales and food services for August in the United States rose 0.1% to $ 509 billion, compared to the previous month. On an annualized basis, retail sales and food services rose by 6.6%.
Retail sales rose 0.1% in August from a month earlier and jumped 6.2% yoy. Petrol stations rose by 20.3% year-on-year, while non-commercial retail sales rose by 10.4% over the same period last year.
Sales data for retail and food services for the previous month were adjusted from a monthly increase of 0.5% to 0.7%.
Dollar Falls After US Retail Sales
The greenback was trading at 0.9642 against the franc, 1.1693 against the euro, 111.86 against the yen and 1.3116 against the pound around 8:32 am Eastern time.
US import growth slowed to 3.7% in August
In another statement, the US goods inflation index fell by 0.6 percent last month, according to the Labor Department. The report released on Friday showed that the annual pace of growth was severely weakened by 1.2 percentage points, the highest since January 2016, to 3.7 percent. The pace of 4.9%, slightly revised, was the fastest since February 2012. In July alone, import prices fell by 0.1%, compared with any change in flash figures from the previous update.
The decline in August was driven by a 3.9% drop, although the commodity was still 30.6% stronger than a year earlier. The 12-month change in headline was the worst performance in food, feed and beverage prices, which fell by 3.4%, 0.2 points lower than July.
Trading in the export sector showed a decline of 0.1% during the month of the report after a decrease of 0.5%, as the non-agricultural goods index increased the remaining component. The annual growth rate was cooled down by 3.6% from 4.3%.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to reach the level of 7595 as it faced selling pressures and resistance to push it back to the level of 7516 trying to consolidate the top of the ascending trend line sub In view of the technical…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 24 September 2018 10:26 pm2018-09-23
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 21 September 2018 11:15 pm2018-09-20
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 21 September 2018 11:13 pm2018-09-20
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 20 September 2018 11:15 pm2018-09-19
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 20 September 2018 11:13 pm2018-09-19
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 19 September 2018 11:25 pm2018-09-18
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 19 September 2018 11:23 pm2018-09-18
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 18 September 2018 11:40 pm2018-09-17
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 18 September 2018 11:38 pm2018-09-17
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15