Wall Street opened lower as yields on US bonds rose to a 11 year high
2018-10-10 01:44 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 232
Markets opened in the US in the red zone on Wednesday as interest rates continued to rise, with the yield on two-year Treasuries rising to the highest level since 2007. On the data front, figures released before the bell showed that US producer prices rose 0.2% in September. Investors also look to the latest developments in Trump's administration after the resignation of US Ambassador to the United Nations Nicky Halley.
Hurricane Michael is rising from heavy rain on the Florida coast
Hurricane Michael gained strength overnight, causing heavy rain in the coastal towns of Rock Landing, Panama City Beach and Panhandel, Florida, the National Weather Service (NWS) said Wednesday. Heavy rain is expected in the state capital of Talasi. The NWS also said it was watching the storm closely because it may contain compact cyclones.
"If you have space where the water rises, just run it safely - try not to travel in that water," Panama City Beach Director Mario Gisbert said. It's not the time to move, "he said.
Earlier in the day, Michael was promoted by the National Hurricane Center (NHC) to a severe Class 4 storm. President Donald Trump announced a state of emergency in Florida yesterday and ordered federal aid to state authorities as they prepare to deal with harsh weather conditions.
US PPI up 0.2% in September
On the data front, the PPI for final demand in the US rose 0.2% in September compared to the previous month on a seasonally adjusted basis and in line with expectations, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics said on Wednesday.
The rise in the final demand index was driven by a 0.3% rise in final demand services prices. On a non-adjusted basis, the final demand index rose 2.6% in the twelve-month period ending last month. The final demand index excluding food, energy and business services rose by 0.4% in September, the biggest gain since January.
At the same time, final demand goods fell by 0.1% in September, with energy prices down by 0.8%, while food prices fell by 0.6%. Final demand for goods excluding food and energy rose 0.2%.
US Stocks Open
- The Dow fell 0.29% at 3:32 pm CET.
- The Nasdaq 100 fell 0.61% at 3:30 pm CET. The worst performer is Fastenal which fell 4.78% at 3:32 pm CET.
- The S & P 500 fell 0.25% at 3:30 pm CET.
The euro added 0.22% against the dollar to close at 1.1515 at 3:33 CET.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01