European shares closed higher after US stocks closed higher
2018-11-08 09:05 am | Resource: News | No Views : 103
Investors continued to show optimism on Thursday after the mid-term elections in the United States, where stock indexes rose to the top in major European stock exchanges.
Stocks rose in general despite a drop in Germany's foreign trade surplus, which came on the back of a jump in imports to the euro zone's largest economy. The markets have apparently ignored the pessimistic corporate results from a number of major and major lenders.
German exports collapse unexpectedly
Official data revealed Thursday that German exports and imports fell unexpectedly in September. Exports fell 0.8% month-on-month, reflecting a 0.1% gain in August. Meanwhile, imports fell 0.4 percent after August's drop of 2.4 percent.
The trade surplus fell to a seasonally adjusted 17.6 billion euros from 18.2 billion euros a month earlier. On an annual basis, exports fell by 1.2 percent, while imports rose 5.3 percent in September. As a result, the unadjusted trade surplus fell to 18.4 billion euros from 24.2 billion euros a year earlier.
The current account surplus fell to 21.1 billion euros from 26.9 billion euros in the same period last year, the data showed.
European Stocks Open
- The FTSE 100 is up 0.43% in early trade. Coca-Cola was the best performer, jumping 2.52%.
- The DAX index rose 0.44%, led by the HeidelbergCement jump of 5.31%.
- The CAC 40 index rose 0.24% in Paris. Sodexo surged 6.83% to the highest level, followed by a 3.35% rise in Societe Generale. The French bank boosted earnings by 16.1% in the third quarter of a year earlier.
Currencies and metals trading
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 6632 level like the Dow Jones, where we see a weakness in the momentum of the NASDAQ 100, and the NASDAQ 100 is not able to exceed the Bollinger's moving average line. In view of the technical indicators Both…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 january 2019 10:40 am2019-01-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 January 2019 08:52 am2019-01-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 january 2019 06:07 am2019-01-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 January 2019 06:05 am2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01