Wall Street opens lower ahead of interest rate decision and falls in unemployment claims
2018-11-08 02:48 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 104
US markets opened in the red zone on Thursday as investors continued to expect a Fed rate decision later in the day. In addition, weekly US jobless claims figures were released earlier, indicating a drop of 1,000 from the previous week.
At the same time, Walt Disney is expected to publish its quarterly financial report after the closing bell today.
Unemployment claims in the United States are down by 1,000 to 214,000
Initial US jobless claims for the week ending Nov. 3 reached 214,000, 1,000 fewer than the previous week's rate, the US Department of Labor said on Thursday. The four-week moving average was 213,750, down by 250 from the previous week's average.
The insured unemployment rate was seasonally adjusted at 1.1% for the week ended October 27th, the same as the unadjusted weekly rate for the previous week. The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell by 8,000 from the previous week's revised figure to 1,623,000, the lowest since July 28, 1973.
The 4-week moving average was 1,633,250, down 7,500 from the previous unadjusted average, hitting its lowest level since 11 August 1973.
US Stocks Open
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.21% at 3:30 pm CET.
- The Nasdaq 100 opened 0.48% in the red zone at 3:30 pm CET.
- The Standard & Poor's 500 Index fell 0.31% at 3:30 pm CET.
The euro traded flat against the dollar to change to close at 1.1437 at 3:31 pm CET
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 6632 level like the Dow Jones, where we see a weakness in the momentum of the NASDAQ 100, and the NASDAQ 100 is not able to exceed the Bollinger's moving average line. In view of the technical indicators Both…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 january 2019 10:40 am2019-01-09
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 January 2019 08:52 am2019-01-09
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 8 january 2019 06:07 am2019-01-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 8 January 2019 06:05 am2019-01-08
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01