US markets in the red zone slowed down in the United States
2019-01-11 02:45 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 31
Wall Street stocks started to fall at the opening bell on Friday with no end in sight to close the government. Yesterday, US President Donald Trump canceled his attendance at the World Economic Forum in Davos because of stalemate in talks with Democratic leaders.
Meanwhile, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported earlier in the day that seasonally adjusted consumer prices rose 1.9% annually in December.
Inflation in the United States slowed to 1.9% in December
US consumer prices rose by 1.9 percent in December from a year earlier, according to a report released by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics on Friday.
However, the annual inflation figure for December is smaller than the 2.2% recorded a month ago, marking the first time that the 12-month change has been under the 2% mark since August 2017. Meanwhile, excluding food and energy, the index rose 2.2%. In the past 12 months. The food index added 1.6%, while energy prices fell by 0.3%.
Compared to last month, consumer prices fell by 0.1% on a seasonally adjusted basis. The largest negative contribution was made to the decline in the index of all items through gasoline prices, which fell by 7.5% in December. On the positive side, price increases for shelter, food and other energy components were observed. The energy index fell by 3.5%, while the food index rose by 0.4% during the same month. Excluding volatile food and energy prices, the index rose 0.2%, the same as in the past two months.
Trump hints at the requirements for a simpler visa for foreign workers
US President Donald Trump said on Friday that H1-B visa holders could expect simpler visa requirements and the possibility of legal avenues for US citizenship.
"H1-B holders in the United States can be assured that the changes will come soon, which will bring simplicity and certainty to your stay, including the potential path of citizenship." We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to follow their career choices in the United States. " .
The H1-B visa allows employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialized occupations. The number of visas issued each fiscal year is limited to 65,000.
US Stocks Open
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.25% initially.
- The Nasdaq 100 fell 0.62%.
- The S & P 500 lost 0.37% after the start of trading.
The euro fell 0.06% against the dollar, trading against $ 1.14911 at 3:31 CET.
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The purchasing power managed to control the movement of the NASDAQ 100 index to break through the resistance level of 6630 to reach the level of 6721 where it faced around this level to retreat slightly to level of 6625 likely the Dow Jones, but we note that there is a…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 17 January 2019 09:46 am2019-01-17
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 16 January 2019 09:27 am2019-01-16
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 16 January 2019 09:09 am2019-01-16
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 January 2019 11:35 pm2019-01-14
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:33 pm2019-01-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 January 2019 11:57 pm2019-01-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:47 pm2019-01-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 10 january 2019 11:05 am2019-01-10
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 10 January 2019 10:25 am2019-01-10
Best trading brokers
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01