Wall Street opens higher on focus on US data
2019-03-13 02:13 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 85
Markets opened in the US high on Wednesday as investors focused on the latest developments regarding the devastating collapse of Boeing, as well as uncertainty about Brexit from the European Union.
Meanwhile, the Nasdaq Composite Index has risen to unseen levels since mid-October.
On the business front, Boeing is facing financial claims because of the presence of 737 Max aircraft around the world, where a low-cost Norwegian airline said it would seek compensation.
US producer prices rise 0.1% in February
The US producer price index (PPI) rose 0.1% on a seasonally adjusted basis in February from the previous month, the country's Bureau of Labor Statistics said Wednesday. On an unadjusted basis, the final demand index jumped 1.9% for the 12 months ending last month.
The rise in the final demand index was driven by a 0.4% rise in final demand goods prices. The final request service index has not changed.
The final demand index excluding food, energy and business services rose by 0.1% in February on a monthly basis and grew by 2.3% compared to last year.
JP Morgan defies banks in nine US markets
In other news, JPMorgan Chase & Co. aims to open 90 local branches, most of them in Boston, Washington, DC and Philadelphia, citing an official document. The commercial banking push, announced last month, starts with nine markets. In North Carolina, Bank of America dominates Charlotte, where its headquarters are located, while Wales Fargo ranks first in Raleigh, as well as in Greenville, South Carolina, the article notes.
Branches, possibly Chase, will also be set up in Kansas City, Minneapolis, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Providence and St. Louis, the largest lender in the United States, adding that there is competition everywhere from large or small enterprises. The covered area will cover 30% with "low to medium income". JPMorgan reduced the number of units by 1.8% to 5036 units last year.
US Stocks Open
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.39% in the opening bell as UnitedHealth led the gains, gaining 0.76%.
- The Nasdaq 100 rose 0.40% just moments after the start of trading, with NVIDIA rising 2.41%.
- The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 0.35% on the open, supported by health and energy sectors.
The euro rose 0.12% against the US currency to trade at 1.1300 at 15:39 CET.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01