Asian markets are mixed with a focus on Brexit
2019-03-14 07:40 am | Resource: News | No Views : 92
Markets in East Asia mixed on Thursday as investors focused on Britain's exit from the European Union. Yesterday, the British parliament rejected Britain's exit from the EU without a deal. Today, a vote is to be taken on the extension of Article 50 and a three-month postponement of the withdrawal so that it can be negotiated.
Meanwhile, China's industrial output rose 5.3% in February, with retail sales increasing by 8.2% the previous month. Yesterday, US President Donald Trump said Washington was "doing well" in trade negotiations with China.
China's retail sales rose 8.2% year-on-year in January
China's retail sales rose 8.2 percent year-on-year in January, rising to 660.64 billion yuan ($ 9851 billion), according to a statement by the country's National Bureau of Statistics. The data were consistent with the consensus of market observers. At the same time, national online retail sales saw an increase of 13.6% year-on-year.
Urban sales rose 8.0% year-on-year, with sales to rural consumers jumping 9.1% in the same timeframe. Sales of catering services rose by 9.7% compared to the same month last year, while retail sales of goods rose by 8%. From January to February, retail trade in goods rose 3.2%.
Industrial production in China rose 5.3% year-on-year in February
China's industrial production grew 5.3 percent in February from the same month a year earlier, according to a report by the National Bureau of Statistics. The value added of the mining industry rose by 0.3% year on year, while the manufacturing industry grew by 5.6%. Production and supply of electricity, heating, gas and water increased by 6.8% year-on-year.
Meanwhile, the state-owned enterprises' holdings rose 4.4% in February from a year earlier, the shareholding companies increased 6.4%, and foreign-invested companies from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan saw their production drop by 0.3%, while private companies had an increase In production by 8.3%.
Asian stocks closed
- The Nikkei 225 was flat at closing.
- Seoul's Cosby Composite Index rose 0.34% at 7:31 am CET.
- China's benchmark fell, with the Shanghai Composite and Shenzhen Composite shedding 1.45% and 2.08% respectively, at 7:51 am CET.
- Hong Kong Hang Seng has not changed much at the same time.
- In Australia, the S & P / ASX 200 rose 0.30% at 6:44 CET.
The greenback was up 0.38% against the yen at 7:54 CET, recording 111.5990 yen.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01