Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency
2017-11-07 10:48 am | Resource: News Section | No Views : 1037
Kaspersky Lab researchers discovered malicious software that stole encrypted currencies from a user's wallet by putting its address instead of the user's address in the device's folder.
The criminals succeeded with the governor of Bitcoin and managed to steal nearly 140,000 dollars.
The experts found new malicious software designed to steal Monroe through a process known as mining. There are actually samples available, and the encrypted (or virtual) currencies, with their ever-growing prosperity, quickly became an attractive target for cybercriminals around the world.
Kaspersky Lab researchers have seen an increase in the number of mining software, affecting thousands of computers and generating criminal revenues of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Experts also noted that criminals have begun using less advanced techniques and spend less time and spend less resources in this area.
According to the research, encrypted currency thieves, which have been increasing since 2014, have once again put their eyes on the savings of encrypted users in order to steal them.
Researchers at Kaspersky Lab discovered malicious software, CryptoShuffler, designed to change the addresses of encrypted user currency portfolios in the infected device folder, which is used to cache data.
It has known hijacking attacks for years, which direct users to malicious sites and target online payment systems.
However, cases involving a host address for coded currencies remain rare.
If a user wishes to transfer an encrypted currency to another user, in most encrypted currencies, it is necessary to know the identity number of the recipient's wallet, a unique number consisting of several digits. The following is how the CryptoShuffler software exploits the system's need for these numbers to function.
When installed, the CryptoShuffler software starts monitoring the device folder that the user uses when making an online payment by copying the ID number and pasting it into the destination address line in the application used to execute the payment transaction.
The trojan replaces the user's wallet with the one owned by the party behind the malicious software, so the user pasting the wallet ID number into the "destination address" line will place an address other than the address intended to send the money to. As a result, the victim transfers money directly to the criminals, unless the user is aware of the sudden switch, but this is not usually the case. Multi-digit numbers and wallet addresses on blockchain platforms are difficult to remember. It is therefore difficult to distinguish the occurrence of any change in the transaction line, even if it occurred before the user's eyes.
The substitution of the destination in the portfolio is instantaneous, thanks to the simple search for the addresses of the portfolio; the vast majority of the encrypted currency portfolios have a fixed position in the transaction line and do not use a certain number of cells, allowing the intruders to easily create regular symbols to replace them. Based on the research, CryptoShuffler works with a wide range of the most popular coded currencies, such as Betcuen Etherium, Zikash, Dash, Monero and others.
The most successful of the criminals behind the CryptoShuffler, so far, has been recorded in the attacks on the Governor of Betquin, based on observations from the Kaspersky Lab researchers. These criminals managed to steal 23 Petequin portfolios worth about $ 140,000, In other portfolios between a few dollars and several thousand dollars.
Sergey Yanakovsky, a malicious software analyst at Kaspersky Lab, said the encrypted currency "is no longer an elusive technique," adding that it enters into our daily lives and is actively spread around the world, becoming more popular among users and more attractive to criminals at the same time. : "We have recently noticed an increase in malicious attacks targeting different types of encrypted currencies, and we expect this trend to continue, so users who are considering investing in encrypted currencies should consider ensuring proper protection."
The experts also found a TrojanAkir target Monroe encoded currency called DiscordiaMiner, and was designed to download files and run a remote server. According to research, there are some similarities in performance between this malicious software and the NukeBot software, discovered earlier this year. As with NukeBot, source codes for malicious software were shared through hacking forums.
Users are encouraged to install robust security solutions that offer dedicated functionality to protect financial transactions, such as the Safe Money feature available in Kaspersky Lab solutions. This feature examines the vulnerabilities of hackers, constantly checking for specialized malware, protecting transactions from hacking with the help of Protected Browser technology, and protecting the clipboard that stores sensitive data during copy and paste operations.
Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around levels of 111.42 - 110.92 as the USD/JPY is floating in a narrow range and the USD/JPY is moving above the Bollinger's moving average line within the narrow range, indicating a potential price explosion but Not yet determined in any direction. In…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 22 February 2019 07:54 am2019-02-22
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 22 February 2019 07:36 am2019-02-22
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 21 February 2019 06:28 am2019-02-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 21 February 2019 06:24 am2019-02-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 21 February 2019 06:16 am2019-02-21
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 20 February 2019 05:45 am2019-02-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 20 February 2019 05:35 am2019-02-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 20 February 2019 05:17 am2019-02-20
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 19 February 2019 10:51 pm2019-02-18
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01