Oil prices rise ahead of US inventory data
2018-08-28 04:37 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 588
US crude reached near August highs near midday trade on Tuesday as investors prepared for the latest weekly data on US oil inventories.
New York's WTI crude futures fell 18 cents, or 0.26 percent, to $ 68.69 a barrel by 15:42 GMT, not far from the day's high of $ 69.19. Its highest price per month was reached at $ 69.92 on August 6th.
Meanwhile, Brent crude, the benchmark oil price index outside the US, rose 1 cent or 0.01 percent to $ 76.51, the highest level since July 11.
The US Petroleum Institute is due to release its weekly report for the week ending Aug. 10 at 20:30 GMT on Tuesday, while official government data will be released on Wednesday.
Figures from last week showed a larger-than-expected change in stocks, easing concerns about oversupply.
In addition, the OPEC and non-Opec watchdog found that oil producers involved in the supply reduction cut production in July by 9 percent more than their agreement called, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday.
OPEC and other major oil producers led by Russia agreed on June 22 and 23 to reduce their compliance with production limits to 100 percent when they reached nearly 150 percent due to shortages and unrest in member states such as Venezuela, Libya and Angola.
According to Reuters data, production did not rise as planned.
In other energy trading, gasoline futures fell 0.60% to $ 1.9751 a gallon by 11:47 ET (15:47 GMT), while heating oil rose 0.19% to $ 2.2248 a gallon.
Finally, natural gas futures lost 1.01% to $ 2.840 per million British thermal units.
(CURDE OIL - WTI ) Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. Oil is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 52.50 - 53.37 levels, but is still consolidating at a high of 50.33. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to decline of the indicators. Therefore, we expect that the oil…
- Gold Technical analysis 18 January 2019 11:44 pm2019-01-17
- OIL Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:45 pm2019-01-16
- Gold Technical analysis 17 January 2019 11:43 pm2019-01-16
- OIL Technical analysis 16 January 2019 06:04 am2019-01-16
- Gold Technical analysis 16 January 2019 05:54 am2019-01-16
- OIL Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:30 pm2019-01-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 January 2019 11:27 pm2019-01-14
- OIL Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:35 pm2019-01-13
- Gold Technical analysis 14 January 2019 11:18 pm2019-01-13
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Oil prices rise ahead of US inventory data 2018-08-28
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01