Gold Falls and Expectations to Raise US Interest Rates
2018-09-20 10:52 am | Resource: News | No Views : 49
Gold Falls and Expectations to Raise US Interest Rates Gold prices fell on Thursday despite a weaker dollar amid volatile trade concerns as investors awaited economic data later in the session and look to the Federal Policy Session next week. Where
The precious metal fell about 11.6% from a high in April due to escalating trade disputes between the United States and China and rising US interest rates as a catalyst for gold selling. Which affected the trading of bonds and shares
Trading in German and British bonds varied
The prices of government securities issued by the United Kingdom and Germany slightly changed on Thursday and are looking for direction. UK retail sales came last month with slower growth, but the rates actually surprised the upside, in part due to the expected seasonal impact. Investors are expecting the European Union's consumer confidence data for September and the speech by German Central Bank President Jens Weidemann.
The yield on two-year bonds from the eurozone's largest economy was 0.2 basis points higher at 10:56 CET, down 0.521%. The 10-year pound gained 0.487%, or 0.4 points lower for the day, while the 30-year index was down 0.4 points at 1.138%. Similar futures prices fell 0.01% and 0.01% lower and remained unchanged, respectively.
The British two-year yield moved one point higher to 0.858%. The yield on 10-year US Treasury bonds fell by 0.2 points to 1.462 percent, and the 30-year benchmark was 0.8 basis points in the red zone at 1.952 percent. The proceeds go up when the bonds lose their value and vice versa.
Dollar trading and interest rate expectations
The dollar was also under pressure after a report said the US and Canada are unlikely to reach agreement on NAFTA this week. As investors were looking to take the next Federal Reserve decision on Sept. 26. Markets now expect the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates by a quarter point, while futures prices in the fund will increase at the end of the year by more than 80% probability.
Precious metals trading
- Gold futures for December delivery were down $ 0.70 or 0.06% at $ 1,207.60 an ounce in the Newش York Mercantile Exchange.
- Silver futures fell 0.04% to $ 14.275 an ounce by 9:56 GMT
- Palladium futures rose 0.22% to $ 1,033.10 an ounce
- While Platinum Metal was up 0.10% at $ 822.70.
- In basic metals, copper fell 0.49% to $ 2.716 per pound.
Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a bearish direction in the near term The bears managed to press the oil to retreat below level of 70.46, forming a positive candlestick pattern but it still facing resistance around level of 72.71 In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery Accordingly, we expect that the oil will break…
- Gold Technical analysis 16 October 2018 11:41 pm2018-10-15
- OIL Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:03 pm2018-10-14
- Gold Technical analysis 15 October 2018 10:01 pm2018-10-14
- OIL Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:46 pm2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 12 October 2018 11:44 pm2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:32 am2018-10-11
- Gold Technical analysis 11 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-11
- OIL Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:25 am2018-10-10
- Gold Technical analysis 10 October 2018 05:23 am2018-10-10
Best trading brokers
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Oil falls influenced by the International Energy Agency report 2017-08-14
- "China National Petroleum": China's energy demand will peak in 2040 2017-08-16
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15