Report: Wall Street in the Green Zone and meet Trump and Chinese President
2018-10-19 02:03 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 57
Markets opened on Wall Street in green on Friday, reversing losses from the previous session as investors prepared for a new series of corporate profits. Meanwhile, economic data also focused on the market, with market watchers expecting the real estate report and Baker Hughes oil to be released later in the day.
US Treasuries fall before housing data
Investors were mostly betting on Friday's rally ahead of the opening bell in New York, leading to lower US government debt prices. The decline in bonds, which increases returns, follows a session of sharp losses. Markets were preparing for information on local sales of existing homes by the National Association of Realtors and notes by Robert Kaplan and Rafael Postic, members of the Federal Reserve Monetary Policy Committee.
The yield on US Treasuries for a two-year high reached a 10-year high, winning on Wall Street as traders fear the rapid expansion of the economy will push the Federal Reserve to accelerate interest rates to avoid rising temperatures.
The yield on the US note for two years rose 1.7 basis points to 2.896% at 1:48 CET. The index advanced 1.3 points to 3.195% for ten-year benchmark securities, compared with an increase of 1.5 points to 3.381% in yield on 30-year bonds. The corresponding futures were 0.01%, 0.03% and 0.16%, respectively.
US exporters canceled 180,000t soybean request in China
Private soybean exporters in the United States canceled a 180,000 metric ton request from China during the 2018/2019 marketing year, and informed the US Department of Agriculture's decision on Friday. General marketing began on September 1.
120,000 metric tons of soybean scheduled for delivery to unknown destinations in the 2018/2019 marketing year were also canceled, the US Department of Agriculture said.
The decision came after the announcement by US President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the G20 summit in November in Buenos Aires.
Trump, Shi agreed to meet next month
United States President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping agreed to hold talks on the sidelines of the G20 summit in November in Buenos Aires, the South China Morning Post reported Monday, citing a source familiar with the issue. The source said Trump and Wuxi would meet a day before the summit officially began. Neither Washington nor Beijing has commented on the issue.
The news came after Chinese Vice Premier Liu He said earlier that Beijing was "in contact" with the United States, where US Trade Counselor Larry Kudlo said the Chinese government was "uncooperative" in trade, accusing China of stealing intellectual property.
President Trump announced a new set of tariffs on imports of Chinese products last month, with a 10 percent tariff on China's import tariffs of 200 billion dollars. He said he planned to raise the fees to 25 percent by the end of the year. Beijing immediately responded with punitive punitive trade measures.
Wall Street Opens
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.30%, up 80 pips at the start of trading.
- The S & P 500 rose 0.34% in the first few minutes of trading.
- The Nasdaq 100 opened up 0.79%.
The euro rose 0.10% against the US dollar to trade at 1.1464 at 3:37 pm CET ...
Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bearish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the 6903 level and the trend is bearish after breaking the 6903 level down. In view of the technical indicators Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival of indicators in the oversold, area and weakness of…
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 16 November 2018 12:34 am2018-11-16
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 15 November 2018 11:16 pm2018-11-14
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 15 November 2018 11:14 pm2018-11-14
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 14 November 2018 11:29 pm2018-11-13
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 14 November 2018 11:27 pm2018-11-13
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 12 November 2018 09:29 pm2018-11-11
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 12 November 2018 09:26 pm2018-11-11
- NASDAQ Technical Analysis 9 November 2018 11:08 pm2018-11-08
- DOW JONES Technical analysis 9 November 2018 11:06 pm2018-11-08
Best trading brokers
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01
- Bitcoin forces Santa Claus to distribute the worst gifts to its investors on Christmas 10:04 am 2017-12-25
- Forex 09:26 am 2017-12-25
- OmiseGo .. Time for electronic financial exchanges 02:07 pm 2017-11-15