Gold Technical analysis 9 January 2019
2019-01-08 11:56 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 94
Gold is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
Gold has already rebounded again, as we predicted in the previous report, as bulls managed to push prices higher to hit level of 1294 as this level witnessed selling pressures that pushed it back down again forming a lower high than the previous high, suggesting a bigger correction Next period.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to decline of the indicators.
Therefore, we expect that the gold will retest the 1279-1277 levels, Which by breaking it down will target the level of 1266-1253, and this scenario would fail if gold breached the 1298 level to upside.
The alternative scenario is that the gold level of breached level of 1298 higher to target levels of 1309 - 1325.
Our view is neutral about the gold now, Taking into consideration the closing of any buying position in in case of the closure below the 1277 level.
Resistance: 1300 - 1309 - 1325
Support: 1279 - 1266 – 1253
Gold traded higher on Friday as markets awaited developments in geopolitical events such as the Beijing-Washington trade talks and the BRICT. UK exit opportunities from the EU without a 50-50 agreement Luxembourg Prime Minister Thierry Mae announced Thursday that the chances of Britain's exit from British Prime Minister Theresa Mae were "50-50". The President of the State of Luxembourg added that the extension of article 50 would only bear fruit…
- Oil traded lower on fears of economic slowdown 09:31 am2019-03-22
- Oil prices fall as global growth retreats 11:22 am2019-03-21
- Precious metals rise and palladium jumps after Federal Reserve decision 10:16 am2019-03-21
- Oil fell as business fears returned 12:14 pm2019-03-20
- Precious metals record contrast and palladium records a new high 10:10 am2019-03-20
- Palladium reaches 1600 dollar an ounce for the first time 10:20 am2019-03-19
- Oil stability after Barkindo comments on the positive market reaction to the OPEC meeting 08:16 am2019-03-19
- Gold prices continue to rise as the dollar plunges and futures contracts rise 12:02 pm2019-03-18
- Oil records a decline in the beginning of weekly trading 08:23 am2019-03-18