Gold Technical analysis 9 January 2019
2019-01-08 11:56 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 162
Gold is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
Gold has already rebounded again, as we predicted in the previous report, as bulls managed to push prices higher to hit level of 1294 as this level witnessed selling pressures that pushed it back down again forming a lower high than the previous high, suggesting a bigger correction Next period.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to decline of the indicators.
Therefore, we expect that the gold will retest the 1279-1277 levels, Which by breaking it down will target the level of 1266-1253, and this scenario would fail if gold breached the 1298 level to upside.
The alternative scenario is that the gold level of breached level of 1298 higher to target levels of 1309 - 1325.
Our view is neutral about the gold now, Taking into consideration the closing of any buying position in in case of the closure below the 1277 level.
Resistance: 1300 - 1309 - 1325
Support: 1279 - 1266 – 1253
Crude oil prices were trading in the red zone on Thursday, erasing some gains in the previous session as investors looked to the G20 summit in Osaka. Oil rose more than 2% on Wednesday following news of a larger-than-expected drop in US crude inventories reported by the Energy Information Administration (EIA). Data from the Energy Information Administration showed US inventories fell by 12.8 million barrels to 470 million barrels in…
- Gold fell from highest level in six years and higher futures contracts 12:18 pm2019-06-26
- Oil rises after a report on a strong decline in US crude inventories 08:45 am2019-06-26
- Crude oil prices rise Concerns about the output reduction agreement 11:58 am2019-06-25
- Gold tread price is up to its highest level since 2013 08:48 am2019-06-25
- Gold is trading near highest level in six years as tension continues 11:48 am2019-06-24
- Crude oil prices rise as tensions rise in Middle East 08:44 am2019-06-24
- Oil prices extend gains as Middle East tensions continue 10:59 am2019-06-21
- Gold heading for best weekly performance in more than three years 09:02 am2019-06-21
- Oil jumps more than 2 percent after Iran dropped a US drone 11:43 am2019-06-20