GBP/USD Technical analysis 10 January 2019
2019-01-10 12:04 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 168
The GBPUSD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The GBPUSD is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 1.2816 , but it is worth noting that the GBPUSD pair has once again rebounded from the top of the Bollinger 20 moving average line.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery.
Therefore, we expect that the GBPUSD will breach level of 1.2816 to upside for targeting levels of 1.2883 - 1.2950, and this scenario would fail if the GBP/USD broke the 1.2690 level down.
The alternative scenario is that the GBPUSD violent level of 1.2690 down to drop to levels of 1.2600 - 1.2525.
Our view is neutral about GBPUSD currently.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders will follow up on the latest news about the BREXIT.
• On the other hand, US Treasury Secretary Paul Powell's speech will be issued at 7:30 am GMT.
Resistance: 1.2816 - 1.2883 - 1.2950
Support: 1.2690 - 1.2615 - 1.2478
Major European stock markets were flat on Thursday as news of a tentative deal between the United States and China pushed up stocks. Meanwhile, in the UK, the media reported that a group of British parliamentarians had prepared legislation to prevent uncontrolled withdrawal from the bloc as the race continued for the seat of the Conservative Party leader and prime minister. The United States and China agree on a tentative…
- The US dollar rose as Federal Reserve rates fell 04:26 pm2019-06-26
- The dollar traded against major currencies after US data 04:01 pm2019-06-25
- US dollar fell against major currencies with the possibility of a rate cut 03:00 pm2019-06-24
- Dollar price fluctuated during the close of weekly trading 11:51 am2019-06-21
- Pound is falling after the Bank of England has fixed interest rates 12:11 pm2019-06-20
- Eur fell against major currencies as European stocks closed 04:17 pm2019-06-19
- Eur fell against major currencies after the comments of Mario Draghi 10:12 am2019-06-18
- Dollar Falls vs. Currencies Before Federal Reserve meeting 04:05 pm2019-06-17
- Greenback was mixed against major currencies at end of weekly trading 03:12 pm2019-06-14