GBP/USD Technical analysis 10 January 2019
2019-01-10 12:04 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 46
The GBPUSD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The GBPUSD is still facing resistance and selling pressure around the resistance level of 1.2816 , but it is worth noting that the GBPUSD pair has once again rebounded from the top of the Bollinger 20 moving average line.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery.
Therefore, we expect that the GBPUSD will breach level of 1.2816 to upside for targeting levels of 1.2883 - 1.2950, and this scenario would fail if the GBP/USD broke the 1.2690 level down.
The alternative scenario is that the GBPUSD violent level of 1.2690 down to drop to levels of 1.2600 - 1.2525.
Our view is neutral about GBPUSD currently.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders will follow up on the latest news about the BREXIT.
• On the other hand, US Treasury Secretary Paul Powell's speech will be issued at 7:30 am GMT.
Resistance: 1.2816 - 1.2883 - 1.2950
Support: 1.2690 - 1.2615 - 1.2478
US dollar steadied in morning trade on Friday after rising slightly earlier in the day amid optimism about progress in China-US trade talks. After rumors later dismissed by Gul, the US Treasury Secretary's proposal to cancel the US tariffs imposed on China in several measures to instill confidence and facilitate the termination of trade negotiations On the other hand, the longest government shutdown in the United States continued, with Trump…
- British Parliament discusses an alternative plan and the Sterling is different 11:27 am2019-01-17
- Dollar rallies in morning trade as trade talks continue 09:43 am2019-01-17
- Dollar rise and stock stability as government shutdown continues 01:28 pm2019-01-16
- Sterling fell against the currencies after rejected May plan in parliament 08:34 am2019-01-16
- Dollar fell against the currencies and wait for Brexit vote 12:19 pm2019-01-15
- Sterling Pound rallied against the currencies ahead of the Breakout vote 10:00 am2019-01-15
- US Dollar and Yuan Decline After Chinese Data 08:32 am2019-01-14
- British pound is showing after the British data 10:07 am2019-01-11
- Dollar retreats after Powell hints about interest 08:45 am2019-01-11