USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019
2019-01-10 12:08 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 205
The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term.
The USDJPY was already decline as the bears managed to control movement of the USDJPY to hit 107.93 forming a positive candlestick formation, as well as the USD/JPY touching the lower boundary of the Bollinger Index.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to a lack of signals.
Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will test levels of 108.55 - 109.00, and this scenario fails in the case of instability above level of 107.93.
The alternative scenario is that the USDJPY broke level of 104.74 down to target the 99.75 level.
Our view is currently neutral around USD/JPY
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level there are no reports or economic data that have a strong impact on the Japanese economy.
• On the other hand, US Treasury Secretary Paul Powell's speech will be issued at 7:30 am GMT.
Resistance: 109.00 - 109.50 - 110.12
Support: 106.80 - 104.74 - 104.00
Major European stock markets were flat on Thursday as news of a tentative deal between the United States and China pushed up stocks. Meanwhile, in the UK, the media reported that a group of British parliamentarians had prepared legislation to prevent uncontrolled withdrawal from the bloc as the race continued for the seat of the Conservative Party leader and prime minister. The United States and China agree on a tentative…
- The US dollar rose as Federal Reserve rates fell 04:26 pm2019-06-26
- The dollar traded against major currencies after US data 04:01 pm2019-06-25
- US dollar fell against major currencies with the possibility of a rate cut 03:00 pm2019-06-24
- Dollar price fluctuated during the close of weekly trading 11:51 am2019-06-21
- Pound is falling after the Bank of England has fixed interest rates 12:11 pm2019-06-20
- Eur fell against major currencies as European stocks closed 04:17 pm2019-06-19
- Eur fell against major currencies after the comments of Mario Draghi 10:12 am2019-06-18
- Dollar Falls vs. Currencies Before Federal Reserve meeting 04:05 pm2019-06-17
- Greenback was mixed against major currencies at end of weekly trading 03:12 pm2019-06-14