USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019
2019-01-10 12:08 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 50
The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term.
The USDJPY was already decline as the bears managed to control movement of the USDJPY to hit 107.93 forming a positive candlestick formation, as well as the USD/JPY touching the lower boundary of the Bollinger Index.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to a lack of signals.
Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will test levels of 108.55 - 109.00, and this scenario fails in the case of instability above level of 107.93.
The alternative scenario is that the USDJPY broke level of 104.74 down to target the 99.75 level.
Our view is currently neutral around USD/JPY
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level there are no reports or economic data that have a strong impact on the Japanese economy.
• On the other hand, US Treasury Secretary Paul Powell's speech will be issued at 7:30 am GMT.
Resistance: 109.00 - 109.50 - 110.12
Support: 106.80 - 104.74 - 104.00
US dollar steadied in morning trade on Friday after rising slightly earlier in the day amid optimism about progress in China-US trade talks. After rumors later dismissed by Gul, the US Treasury Secretary's proposal to cancel the US tariffs imposed on China in several measures to instill confidence and facilitate the termination of trade negotiations On the other hand, the longest government shutdown in the United States continued, with Trump…
- British Parliament discusses an alternative plan and the Sterling is different 11:27 am2019-01-17
- Dollar rallies in morning trade as trade talks continue 09:43 am2019-01-17
- Dollar rise and stock stability as government shutdown continues 01:28 pm2019-01-16
- Sterling fell against the currencies after rejected May plan in parliament 08:34 am2019-01-16
- Dollar fell against the currencies and wait for Brexit vote 12:19 pm2019-01-15
- Sterling Pound rallied against the currencies ahead of the Breakout vote 10:00 am2019-01-15
- US Dollar and Yuan Decline After Chinese Data 08:32 am2019-01-14
- British pound is showing after the British data 10:07 am2019-01-11
- Dollar retreats after Powell hints about interest 08:45 am2019-01-11