USD/JPY Technical analysis 10 January 2019
2019-01-10 12:08 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 130
The USDJPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term.
The USDJPY was already decline as the bears managed to control movement of the USDJPY to hit 107.93 forming a positive candlestick formation, as well as the USD/JPY touching the lower boundary of the Bollinger Index.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to a lack of signals.
Accordingly, we expect that the USDJPY will test levels of 108.55 - 109.00, and this scenario fails in the case of instability above level of 107.93.
The alternative scenario is that the USDJPY broke level of 104.74 down to target the 99.75 level.
Our view is currently neutral around USD/JPY
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level there are no reports or economic data that have a strong impact on the Japanese economy.
• On the other hand, US Treasury Secretary Paul Powell's speech will be issued at 7:30 am GMT.
Resistance: 109.00 - 109.50 - 110.12
Support: 106.80 - 104.74 - 104.00
British pound was trading with gains against the euro and the dollar on Friday in a new hope that it is still possible to avoid Britain leaving the EU after the EU agreed to allow the UK to delay its departure from the bloc. The United Kingdom will announce a shameful vote British Prime Minister Teresa Mae is committed to making a meaningful vote on leaving the European Union next…
- Euro is falling due to a slowdown in the German private sector 11:59 am2019-03-22
- Bank of England keeps interest rates unchanged and the GBP is falling and bonds are rising 12:28 pm2019-03-21
- Dollar is different after the Fed decision to fix interest rate 08:44 am2019-03-21
- Sterling falls against all major currencies due to concerns of the Brexit 09:29 am2019-03-20
- The Dollar Falls With the Start of the Fed Meeting 11:57 am2019-03-19
- Euro rallies as economic data weighs in Euro zone 10:37 am2019-03-18
- The dollar is retreating at the end of weekly trading and trading negotiations 08:47 am2019-03-15
- Sterling fell before the vote to delay Brexit from the European Union 08:23 am2019-03-14
- The dollar fell during Wednesday session and is awaiting the Brexit developments 12:10 pm2019-03-13