USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019
2019-01-11 12:22 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 44
The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The USD/JPY has already rebounded as we expected in the previous report to hit the 108.50 level as it faces selling pressure around this level, as well as the USD/JPY faces resistance around the Bollinger's moving average line.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to a lack of signals.
Therefore, we expect that the USD/JPY will retreat to levels of 107.72 - 106.80, and this scenario fails in case of stabilize above the 108.50 level.
The alternative scenario is that the USD/JPY broke level of 104.74 down to target the 99.75 level.
Our view is currently neutral around USD/JPY
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level there are no reports or economic data that have a strong impact on the Japanese economy.
• The US Core Consumer Price Index and the US Consumer Price Index will be released on a monthly basis at 8.30 am GMT.
Resistance: 108.50 - 109.00 - 109.50
Support: 107.72 - 106.80 - 104.74
US dollar steadied in morning trade on Friday after rising slightly earlier in the day amid optimism about progress in China-US trade talks. After rumors later dismissed by Gul, the US Treasury Secretary's proposal to cancel the US tariffs imposed on China in several measures to instill confidence and facilitate the termination of trade negotiations On the other hand, the longest government shutdown in the United States continued, with Trump…
- British Parliament discusses an alternative plan and the Sterling is different 11:27 am2019-01-17
- Dollar rallies in morning trade as trade talks continue 09:43 am2019-01-17
- Dollar rise and stock stability as government shutdown continues 01:28 pm2019-01-16
- Sterling fell against the currencies after rejected May plan in parliament 08:34 am2019-01-16
- Dollar fell against the currencies and wait for Brexit vote 12:19 pm2019-01-15
- Sterling Pound rallied against the currencies ahead of the Breakout vote 10:00 am2019-01-15
- US Dollar and Yuan Decline After Chinese Data 08:32 am2019-01-14
- British pound is showing after the British data 10:07 am2019-01-11
- Dollar retreats after Powell hints about interest 08:45 am2019-01-11