Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019
2019-04-14 09:46 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 158
Time frame Used - four hours
The GBP-USD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
GBP/USD was unable to breach 1.3111 the resistance level as the GBP-USD still faces resistance and selling pressure around levels of 1.3070 - 1.3111 where the GBP/USD pair is moving in an trading range between 1.3008 - 1.3111 levels.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to weakness of the indicators.
Therefore, we expect that the GBP/USD will fall back to 1.3008 - 1.2966 levels once again and this scenario fails in case of stability above level of 1.3070.
The alternative scenario is that the GBP/USD is breaching level of 1.3111 higher to target 1.3196 - 1.3248 levels again.
Looking at the daily chart of the GBP-USD pair, we see that the GBP/USD pair is witness successive selling pressure forming a technical pattern called a descending triangle.
Our view is neutral around the GBP/USD pair.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders are following up on the Brexit, , As well as the talk of Haskel member of the British Monetary Policy Committee at 12 pm GMT.
• On the other hand, the New York Manufacturing Index will be released at 12:30 GMT.
Resistance: 1.3070 - 1.3111 - 1.3147
Support: 1.3008 - 1.2966 - 1.2829
The dollar was slightly different after the US consumer confidence index of the University of Michigan for June at 14:00 in central Europe, where the dollar was little changed against major currencies. Consumer sentiment fell in June in the United States The results of a regular consumer survey conducted by the University of Michigan showed that confidence had worsened after the May recovery. Initial reading of the headline index, published…
- Eur traded against the major currencies after the euro zone data 10:31 am2019-06-13
- Dollar fell on anticipation of trade tensions and interest rates 09:40 am2019-06-12
- Dollar is trading near two-month lows against major currencies 10:08 am2019-06-11
- Sterling hits losses against major currencies after pessimistic data 10:42 am2019-06-10
- Euro is rising against major after inflation and unemployment data 09:57 am2019-06-04
- Dollar fell against currencies with the exception of a trade agreement 11:13 am2019-06-03
- Eur is falling as German bunds hit record highs and stocks plummeted 11:47 am2019-05-31
- Dollar stabilized against the currencies ahead of GDP data 10:51 am2019-05-30
- Euro is mixed after the ECB is warning of a trade war 12:02 pm2019-05-29