Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 18 March 2019
2019-03-17 10:19 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 54
The GBP/USD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The GBP/USD pair ended the weekend sessions on slightly higher as the bulls managed to push the GBP/USD pair to hit at 1.3296.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating signs of recovery.
Therefore we expect that the GBP/USD will retest levels of 1.3286-1.33344 again and this scenario fails in case of instability above level of 1.3196.
The alternative scenario is that the GBP/USD pair retreated below 1.3196 to test the 1.3000 - 1.2966 levels again.
Looking at the daily chart of the GBP/USD pair, we note that the GBP/USD falling below level of 1.3196, but rebounded again trying to break above the resistance level of 1.3196 and stability above it, as the indicators indicate confirmation of the upside move.
Buy the GBP/USD around level of 1.3196 for targeting levels of 1.3286 - 1.3344 With the activation of stop loss in case of closure below the level of 1.3196.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders are following up on the Brexit, as well as British consumer expectations for inflation.
• On the other hand, the US housing market data will be released at 9 am GMT.
Resistance: 1.3286 - 1.3344 - 1.3425
Support: 1.3196 - 1.3000 - 1.2966
The dollar fell on Thursday after the number of people applying for unemployment rose more-than-expected last week. US durable goods orders rise in March Reflecting a sharp rebound in transport equipment orders, the Commerce Department released a report on Thursday showing new orders for durable goods manufactured in the US jumped more than expected in March. Durable goods orders rose 2.7 percent in March after a revised 1.1 percent drop…
- Eur fell against the currencies under pressure weakened euro zone economy 02:43 pm2019-04-24
- The dollar performance contrasted with the currencies after Easter 10:32 am2019-04-23
- Eur rose against the major currencies as the dollar weakened 10:28 am2019-04-22
- Dollar fell against major currencies on the last day of weekly trading 09:39 am2019-04-19
- Dollar rallies against currencies as trade optimism rises 10:37 am2019-04-18
- Euro fell after the eurozone private sector data 09:17 am2019-04-18
- US dollar fell against most currencies and awaited China growth 10:00 am2019-04-17
- Euro is mixed after the Euro zone economic data 11:09 am2019-04-16
- Dollar is retreating at the start of trading due to Trump offensive 12:16 pm2019-04-15