Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 18 March 2019
2019-03-18 08:26 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 49
The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
the USD/JPY was able to hold steady at 111.12 to rebound slightly to 111.90 as it faces some selling pressure around this level , but it is still above the Bollinger’s moving average line.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicators to weakness of the indicators.
Therefore, we expect that the USD/JPY will fall to level of 111.12 again and this scenario fails in case of stability above level of 112.10.
The alternative scenario is that the USD/JPY breached level of 112.10 to the upside for targeting levels of 113.07 - 113.57.
Looking at the daily chart, we find that the USD/JPY also broke the upside channel down.
Our view is currently neutral around USD/JPY.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level there are no data or reports that have a strong and effective impact on the Japanese yen.
• On the other hand, the US housing market data will be released at 9 am GMT.
Resistance: 112.10 - 113.07 - 113.57
Support: 111.12 - 110.35 - 109.57
The dollar fell on Thursday after the number of people applying for unemployment rose more-than-expected last week. US durable goods orders rise in March Reflecting a sharp rebound in transport equipment orders, the Commerce Department released a report on Thursday showing new orders for durable goods manufactured in the US jumped more than expected in March. Durable goods orders rose 2.7 percent in March after a revised 1.1 percent drop…
- Eur fell against the currencies under pressure weakened euro zone economy 02:43 pm2019-04-24
- The dollar performance contrasted with the currencies after Easter 10:32 am2019-04-23
- Eur rose against the major currencies as the dollar weakened 10:28 am2019-04-22
- Dollar fell against major currencies on the last day of weekly trading 09:39 am2019-04-19
- Dollar rallies against currencies as trade optimism rises 10:37 am2019-04-18
- Euro fell after the eurozone private sector data 09:17 am2019-04-18
- US dollar fell against most currencies and awaited China growth 10:00 am2019-04-17
- Euro is mixed after the Euro zone economic data 11:09 am2019-04-16
- Dollar is retreating at the start of trading due to Trump offensive 12:16 pm2019-04-15