Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 21 March 2019
2019-03-21 08:13 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 40
The USD/JPY is moving in a bearish direction in the near term.
The USD/JPY was able to take control of the USD/JPY movement after the US Federal Reserve's decision to fix the US interest rate as the USD/JPY broke down at 111.12 to hit at 110.57.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating the arrival of indicators to the oversold area.
Therefore, we expect that the USD/JPY will test level of 111.12 again and then retest to the target of 110.35 and this scenario fails in case of stability above level of 111.12.
The alternative scenario is that the USD/JPY retest level of 112.10 again.
Looking at the daily chart, we find that the USD/JPY also broke the upside channel down.
Sell USD/JPY around the 111.12 level for targeting level of 110.35, with the activation of stop loss in case of a close above level of 111.12.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, the CPI data will be released on an annual basis at 6:30 pm GMT, as well as the Japanese Manufacturing PMI's preliminary reading at 7:30 pm GMT.
• On the other hand, US Unemployment Claims will be released at 7:30 am GMT, in addition to the Philadelphia Manufacturing Index on a monthly basis at 7.30 am GMT, as well as the release of US labor market data on a monthly basis at 8:30 am GMT.
Resistance: 112.10 - 113.07 - 113.57
Support: 111.12 - 110.35 - 109.57
The dollar fell on Thursday after the number of people applying for unemployment rose more-than-expected last week. US durable goods orders rise in March Reflecting a sharp rebound in transport equipment orders, the Commerce Department released a report on Thursday showing new orders for durable goods manufactured in the US jumped more than expected in March. Durable goods orders rose 2.7 percent in March after a revised 1.1 percent drop…
- Eur fell against the currencies under pressure weakened euro zone economy 02:43 pm2019-04-24
- The dollar performance contrasted with the currencies after Easter 10:32 am2019-04-23
- Eur rose against the major currencies as the dollar weakened 10:28 am2019-04-22
- Dollar fell against major currencies on the last day of weekly trading 09:39 am2019-04-19
- Dollar rallies against currencies as trade optimism rises 10:37 am2019-04-18
- Euro fell after the eurozone private sector data 09:17 am2019-04-18
- US dollar fell against most currencies and awaited China growth 10:00 am2019-04-17
- Euro is mixed after the Euro zone economic data 11:09 am2019-04-16
- Dollar is retreating at the start of trading due to Trump offensive 12:16 pm2019-04-15