Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019
2019-04-14 09:46 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 105
Time frame Used - four hours
The GBP-USD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
GBP/USD was unable to breach 1.3111 the resistance level as the GBP-USD still faces resistance and selling pressure around levels of 1.3070 - 1.3111 where the GBP/USD pair is moving in an trading range between 1.3008 - 1.3111 levels.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and Stochastic are indicating to weakness of the indicators.
Therefore, we expect that the GBP/USD will fall back to 1.3008 - 1.2966 levels once again and this scenario fails in case of stability above level of 1.3070.
The alternative scenario is that the GBP/USD is breaching level of 1.3111 higher to target 1.3196 - 1.3248 levels again.
Looking at the daily chart of the GBP-USD pair, we see that the GBP/USD pair is witness successive selling pressure forming a technical pattern called a descending triangle.
Our view is neutral around the GBP/USD pair.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders are following up on the Brexit, , As well as the talk of Haskel member of the British Monetary Policy Committee at 12 pm GMT.
• On the other hand, the New York Manufacturing Index will be released at 12:30 GMT.
Resistance: 1.3070 - 1.3111 - 1.3147
Support: 1.3008 - 1.2966 - 1.2829
The Dollar rose against major currencies on Monday morning as traders followed Trump's comments on the trade war with China and the possibility of military intervention in Iran Trump: We reached an agreement with China, but they changed it US President Donald Trump said the United States "largely" made a trade deal with China before the negotiations collapsed and Washington implemented a new round of tariffs on Chinese imports. "We…
- Dollar and yen are buoyant and the pound is collapsing 10:46 am2019-05-17
- Dollar fell against major currencies as trade tensions returned 10:17 am2019-05-16
- Dollar was mixed against currencies as the trade conflict subsided 09:57 am2019-05-15
- Eur rose after industrial production data in the euro area 10:12 am2019-05-14
- Dollar is down after the China-US trade war fears 12:59 pm2019-05-13
- Dollar stabilizes and Trump commenting on the definitions 12:14 pm2019-05-10
- Currency performance diverged amid anticipation 02:48 pm2019-05-09
- Dollar is mixed, futures contracts are falling, and trade tensions are forecasting 10:53 am2019-05-08
- Dollar was higher against the euro and the pound fell on Tuesday 01:44 pm2019-05-07