Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019
2019-04-16 11:04 pm | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 92
Time frame Used - four hours
The GBP-USD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The bears were able to control the movement of the GBP/USD pair once again to retreat below 1.3070 level as the GBP-USD still faces resistance and selling pressure around 1.3111 level as the GBP/USD pair is moving in a trading range between 1.3008 - 1.3111 levels .
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to a lack of signals.
Therefore, we expect that the GBP-USD will retreat below 1.3070 level to target 1.3008 - 1.2966 levels and this scenario fails in case of stability above 1.3070 level.
The alternative scenario is that the GBP/USD pair is retreating to 1.3008 - 1.2966 levels .
Looking at the daily chart of the GBP-USD pair, we see that the GBP/USD pair is witness successive selling pressure around level 1.3176.
Our view is neutral around the GBP/USD pair.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders are following up on the BRICC as well as British consumer prices on an annual basis at 8.30 am GMT, as well as British producer price input and output data on a monthly basis at 8.30 am as well as the release of UK retail prices on an annual basis at 8:30 am GMT.
• On the other hand, the US Trade Balance data will be released at 12:30 GMT, as well as the final reading of US wholesale inventories on a monthly basis at 2 pm GMT.
Resistance: 1.3111 - 1.3169 - 1.3240
Support: 1.3008 - 1.2966 - 1.2829
The Dollar rose against major currencies on Monday morning as traders followed Trump's comments on the trade war with China and the possibility of military intervention in Iran Trump: We reached an agreement with China, but they changed it US President Donald Trump said the United States "largely" made a trade deal with China before the negotiations collapsed and Washington implemented a new round of tariffs on Chinese imports. "We…
- Dollar and yen are buoyant and the pound is collapsing 10:46 am2019-05-17
- Dollar fell against major currencies as trade tensions returned 10:17 am2019-05-16
- Dollar was mixed against currencies as the trade conflict subsided 09:57 am2019-05-15
- Eur rose after industrial production data in the euro area 10:12 am2019-05-14
- Dollar is down after the China-US trade war fears 12:59 pm2019-05-13
- Dollar stabilizes and Trump commenting on the definitions 12:14 pm2019-05-10
- Currency performance diverged amid anticipation 02:48 pm2019-05-09
- Dollar is mixed, futures contracts are falling, and trade tensions are forecasting 10:53 am2019-05-08
- Dollar was higher against the euro and the pound fell on Tuesday 01:44 pm2019-05-07