USD/JPY Technical analysis 11 January 2019
2019-01-11 12:22 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 174
The USDJPY is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The USD/JPY has already rebounded as we expected in the previous report to hit the 108.50 level as it faces selling pressure around this level, as well as the USD/JPY faces resistance around the Bollinger's moving average line.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to a lack of signals.
Therefore, we expect that the USD/JPY will retreat to levels of 107.72 - 106.80, and this scenario fails in case of stabilize above the 108.50 level.
The alternative scenario is that the USD/JPY broke level of 104.74 down to target the 99.75 level.
Our view is currently neutral around USD/JPY
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level there are no reports or economic data that have a strong impact on the Japanese economy.
• The US Core Consumer Price Index and the US Consumer Price Index will be released on a monthly basis at 8.30 am GMT.
Resistance: 108.50 - 109.00 - 109.50
Support: 107.72 - 106.80 - 104.74
The euro fell on Tuesday after ECB President Mario Draghi pledged to cut interest rates to fight low inflation. Draghi also hinted at the purchase of assets and insisted that the bank was "still committed" to fighting low inflation. The European Central Bank said earlier this month it would keep interest rates at record highs until at least June next year Draghi: The ECB is fighting because inflation is too…
- Dollar Falls vs. Currencies Before Federal Reserve meeting 04:05 pm2019-06-17
- Greenback was mixed against major currencies at end of weekly trading 03:12 pm2019-06-14
- Eur traded against the major currencies after the euro zone data 10:31 am2019-06-13
- Dollar fell on anticipation of trade tensions and interest rates 09:40 am2019-06-12
- Dollar is trading near two-month lows against major currencies 10:08 am2019-06-11
- Sterling hits losses against major currencies after pessimistic data 10:42 am2019-06-10
- Euro is rising against major after inflation and unemployment data 09:57 am2019-06-04
- Dollar fell against currencies with the exception of a trade agreement 11:13 am2019-06-03
- Eur is falling as German bunds hit record highs and stocks plummeted 11:47 am2019-05-31