Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 14 March 2019
2019-03-14 11:22 am | Resource: Technical Analysis | No Views : 12
The GBP/USD is moving in a sideway direction in the near term.
The GBP/USD continues to recover some of its losses during the past sessions as the bulls managed to push the GBP/USD pair higher to reach the 1.3348 resistance level as it faces resistance and selling pressure around this level.
In view of the technical indicators
Both the RSI and the Stochastic are indicating to the arrival of indicators in the overbought area.
Therefore, we expect that the GBP/USD will retest level of 1.3238 - 1.3150 again and this scenario fails at stability at 1.3348.
The alternative scenario is that the GBP/USD breach level of 1.3385 to test the 1.3530 levels.
Looking at the daily chart of the GBP/USD pair, we note that the GBP/USD falling below level of 1.3196, but rebounded again trying to break above the resistance level of 1.3196 and stability above it, as the indicators indicate confirmation of the upside move.
Sell the GBP/USD around level of 1.3348 for targeting levels of 1.3238 - 1.3150 With the activation of stop loss in case of closure above the level of 1.3348.
The fundamental overview
• On the economic data level, traders are following up on the Brexit, as the British Parliament will vote on the Brexit agreement .
• On the other hand, unemployment and US import data will be released at 7:30 am GMT, as well as new US home sales data at 9 am GMT.
Resistance: 1.3348 - 1.3430 - 1.3530
Support: 1.3238 - 1.3150 - 1.3000
The euro rose during the weekend, after a number of positive reports on the insistence of all European parties to insist that Britain does not go out without an agreement, as well as data on the merger of the two largest banks in Germany. The shares of Germany's biggest banks, Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank, rose on Monday after That companies confirmed on Sunday that they are in discussions about…
- The dollar is retreating at the end of weekly trading and trading negotiations 08:47 am2019-03-15
- Sterling fell before the vote to delay Brexit from the European Union 08:23 am2019-03-14
- The dollar fell during Wednesday session and is awaiting the Brexit developments 12:10 pm2019-03-13
- The GBP is relatively lower against the major currencies after the GDP data 10:18 am2019-03-12
- GBP is at its lowest level in two weeks due to the possible delay of the Brexit vote 12:21 pm2019-03-11
- Dollar rises near three-month high 08:45 am2019-03-11
- The dollar was mixed against the majors at the close of weekly trading 12:01 pm2019-03-08
- Summary of the press conference of Draghi after the confirmation of interest 02:48 pm2019-03-07
- The euro fell against major currencies after gross domestic product data 10:58 am2019-03-07