Dollar stabilizes and reports failure of negotiations for US requests
2019-05-28 12:10 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 132
Dollar was steady against major currencies on Tuesday as a wave of commercial trends surged, with sources hinting that the United States was behind the failure to reach an agreement.
Traders shrugged off overnight gains in Asian equities as US President Donald Trump was about to return from Japan, and government bonds rose, causing yields to fall. China publishes macroeconomic data that fueled pessimism. However, Wall Street was slightly higher in the pre-market trade.
Sources: Talks between the United States and China have stalled because of more US demands
China-US trade talks collapsed after Washington made additional demands during the final stages of the negotiations, the South China Morning Post reported on Tuesday, quoting unnamed sources familiar with the matter. "Some of these [claims] will directly affect Political and social stability in China, "Beijing also particularly angered by additional tariffs.
US President Donald Trump said earlier that Washington was not ready to make a deal with Beijing so far, adding that US tariffs on Chinese goods could "rise very dramatically and very easily."
US Treasury yields fell for a decade to a 20-month low
Markets showed continued concern on Tuesday over the impact of the US-China trade war and a buying wave that hit the Treasury Department's debt securities in Washington.
The yield on two-year bonds fell 1.7 basis points to 2.145%. The 10-year bond rate was down 4.4 points to 2.282% after touching 2.275% for the first time since September 28, 2017, on a closing basis. The 30-year index fell 3.7 points to 2.714%. The lowest level of the session, 2.703%, a level not seen since 12 October 2017. The corresponding futures prices rose 0.04%, 0.21% and 0.41%, respectively.
In comparison, the yield on 10-year British Treasury bonds fell by four points to 0.918%, the last seen in October 2016.
Dollar trading against currencies
- The dollar index, which measures the performance of the greenback against a basket of major currencies, remained unchanged at 97.74 points
- The euro was down 0.17% against the dollar to trade at $ 1.1190 at 13:20 CET.
- Against the yen, the greenback was up 0.28% at 109.22 yen,
- GBPUSD traded at 1.2663 against the dollar.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01