Wall Street opened lower on fears of economic slowdown
2019-05-31 02:13 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 71
Markets opened in the US withheavy losses on Friday as fears of a trade war and concerns about a global economic slowdown weighed on equities.
Investors continued US President Donald Trump's decision to impose a 5% tariff on all imports from Mexico as of June 10, while trade tensions between the United States and China continued to rise with the expectation that Beijing would publish a list of "unreliable entities" Supply or damage to the interests of Chinese entities.
Personal spending slowed in the US during April
On the data front, household spending slowed in the US in April, another sign of the US economy losing its momentum in the second quarter after a strong start earlier this year.
US Department of Commerce data showed personal consumption spending rose on a seasonally adjusted monthly basis by 0.3% in April, a sharp slowdown from strong 1.1% gains in March, the best monthly increase since 2009. Personal income in the US rose 0.5% last month Compared to an increase of 0.1% in March, versus expectations of a rise of 0.3%.
Trump: It's time for Mexico to do what needs to be done
US President Donald Trump said on Friday that Mexico had benefited from the United States for decades and that recent immigration laws were inadequate. Mexico could easily correct the problem and it was time to do what needed to be done.
Trump "Mexico has benefited from the United States for decades, and because of the Democrats, our immigration laws are bad Mexico makes FORTUNE from the US, and they have contracts, they can easily solve this problem. .
Trump's comments came after he announced earlier in the day that the United States would impose a 5 per cent tariff on all Mexican goods from June 10 and that tariffs would remain in place until the issue of illegal immigrants from Mexico was resolved. His Mexican counterpart Andres López Obrador then called for dialogue with the United States to explore alternative solutions to the issue.
- The Dow Jones fell 1.02% or 258 points, leading Verizon losses as it fell 3.18%.
- The Nasdaq 100 fell 1.20%; Tesla lost 1.51%, hitting its lowest level since December 2016.
- The S & P 500 fell 1.07%. Gap pulled the index down, dropping 14.95% at 15:31 CET.
The euro rose 0.24% against the dollar to sell against 1.1155 at 9:32 am Eastern time.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01