British currency rises after gross domestic product growth data
2019-07-10 09:59 am | Resource: News | No Views : 76
Pound advanced against the major currencies after a series of data released during the European session on Wednesday, most notably the rise in GDP growth in three months until May 2019
GDP growth in the UK increased by 0.3% in the quarter to May
UK gross domestic product (GDP) rose by 0.3% in the quarter to May compared to the previous three months, according to monthly estimates released by the country's National Statistics Office on Wednesday. This figure represents a slowdown from the revised 0.4% growth recorded in the three months to April. On a monthly basis, the UK economy grew by 0.3% in May.
GDP grew moderately in the last three months, with the strength of ICT and retail. Despite this, there has been a long-term slowdown in the service sector, which has been largely dominated since the summer of 2018
- Quarterly growth in both the services and production sectors was 0.3%, with mining and quarrying growing by 1.6% and manufacturing growth slowing to 0.1%.
Industrial production in the UK rose 1.4% in May
UK industrial output rose 1.4% in May from a month ago due to a surge from all four major sectors, the country's national statistical office said in a statement on Wednesday. The latest report follows a significant 2.9% decline in monthly production in April, with manufacturing the largest contributor.
Production production rose by 0.3% for the three months to May 2019, compared to the previous three months. The result is the fourth consecutive increase in production since the beginning of the year, with mining and quarrying, as well as oil and gas extraction, the largest contributor to total production gains. During the same time frame, record production of transport equipment is the largest decline.
- Total production output for the three months to May 2019 rose by 0.4% yoy.
The UK trade deficit fell by £ 4.6 billion in May to £ 12.6 billion
The UK's total trade deficit fell 4.6 billion pounds in the three months to May to 12.6 billion pounds, the National Bureau of Statistics said in a report released on Friday. This step helped lower imports of chemicals, machinery and equipment.
In the three months to May, the trade deficit narrowed to 39.7 billion pounds from 44.3 billion pounds in the previous quarter. Commodities imports fell 3.9 billion pounds to 128.9 billion pounds, while goods exports rose 0.7 billion pounds to 89.2 billion pounds. The balance of trade in services remained unchanged from the previous three months at £ 27.1 billion.
- The UK trade deficit widened by £ 20.6 billion to £ 46.2 billion in May on an annualized basis.
- The goods deficit rose by 15.7 billion pounds to 153.5 billion pounds and the surplus of services was less than 4.9 billion pounds to 107.3 billion pounds.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01