US stocks open higher after inflation data, Dow up to record high
2019-07-11 02:03 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 10
US equity markets started trading on Thursday high ahead of Fed Chairman Jerome Powell's second testimony before the House Financial Services Committee. Yesterday, Powell pointed out strongly that a rate cut may come in order to maintain the current economic expansion. On the data front, the Labor Department said core inflation in consumer prices rose to 2.1%, while initial jobless claims for the week ending July 6 fell by 13,000.
US consumer price inflation rises to 2.1%
The US Department of Labor's monthly report showed mixed results for consumer prices. The government said on Thursday that the benchmark index rose 0.1% in June, as in the previous version, but the inflation index weakened by 0.2 percentage points to 1.6% year-on-year. The core index, which excludes food and energy as volatile items, jumped 0.3 percent or three times more than in May and the most since January 2018, while the base gauge strengthened 2.1 percent year-on-year from 2 percent a month earlier.
Trump imposes sanctions on China over Iranian oil imports
US President Donald Trump is considering whether sanctions are an appropriate way to respond to Chinese imports of Iranian oil, which the United States says are in violation of sanctions against Iran, Politeco reported on Thursday. WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Trump's top members agree that China's imports of more than 1 million barrels of Iranian oil are a violation of US sanctions against Iran, but the acknowledgment remains uncertain if they should respond, three US officials said.
Politico said US State Department sources had suggested that China be allowed to get oil from Iran instead of paying for its investments in the country, but "China's hawks in the National Security Council" insisted that more sanctions should be imposed.
Earlier, China said it would continue to buy oil from Iran despite the fact that the United States had refused to extend its exemption from sanctions against Iran. The United States and China resumed trade talks earlier this month after President Donald Trump and President Xi Jinping met at the G20 summit in Osaka, but additional sanctions could cause further trouble for trade talks and further uncertainty in world trade.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.37% at 9:30 am EST, hitting the highest level of the day
- The Nasdaq 100 rose 0.20%, with the shares of Nevada rising. By 2.52%.
- At the same time, the S & P 500 rose 0.24%, with Cigna rising 11.84% at 9:46 am ET.
The euro was steady against the dollar to trade at 1.12557 at 9:40 ET, while the British pound jumped 0.36% compared to the dollar at 1.25495 at the same time.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01