Wall Street opens higher after Federal Reserve cut interest rates
2019-08-01 01:59 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 25
Wall Street opened in a mixed session on Thursday after the Federal Reserve cut interest rates by 0.25 percentage points on Wednesday. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said the interest rate cut would manage the current risks in the Sino-US trade war and said it was not the beginning of a "long cut cycle". In other news, companies continued to issue earnings reports and investors are awaiting US economic data due after the opening bell.
Initial jobless claims in the United States increased by 8,000 to 215,000
Initial jobless claims in the United States for the week ending July 27 rose 8,000 by the revised level of 207,000 last week to 215.00, the US Department of Labor said on Thursday.
The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for the week ending July 20 was 1.2%, unchanged from the previous week. The unemployment rate insured seasonally during the same week was 1699,000, an increase of 22,000 over the revised figure the previous week. The four-week moving average was 1,698,250, or 750 more than the revised average of the previous week of 1,697,500.
Challenger: The number of jobs in the United States fell to its lowest level in 11 months in July
Employers from the US private sector have unveiled plans to cut staff by 38,845 last month or 7.5 percent less than in June, according to data compiled by Challenger, Gray and Christmas. The number of jobs advertised was 43.2% higher than the level measured 12 months ago, according to the report published on Thursday, but it was the lowest level since August. The overall figure so far has risen by 35.8% to 36,932, its highest level in four years.
Transport companies took control of intentions and announced 5,532 permits. They landed in 1939 since the beginning of the year to take only sixth place from the top.
Employment announcements nearly doubled in July, with 486,914 jobs and 22,316 jobs added in the reporting month. The retail sector added more than 406,240 and 8,515 respectively, while it also saw the largest number of pink slips so far in 2019 - 55,167.
Open Wall Street
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.10% with Apple Inc.
- While the Nasdaq 100 rose 0.31% on the back of Western Digital Corporation gaining 5.90%.
- At the same time, the S & P 500 index rose 0.07%.
The euro fell 0.35% against the dollar to close at 1.1037 at 9:29 am Eastern time, while the British pound fell 0.52% against the dollar to go at 1.2095 at the same time.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01