European shares fall at opening amid Italian government crisis
2019-08-09 07:55 am | Resource: News | No Views : 28
European shares fell in early trade on Friday amid mounting political tensions in Italy after Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini called for early elections, claiming that the government no longer has a majority. Investors also focused on the Sino-US trade war, digesting trade balance figures from Germany and waited for a batch of data from the UK.
Salvini: The government does not have a majority. Elections are necessary
Italian Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini said on Thursday the government was no longer in the majority and said new elections should be held. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte met with President Sergio Matarella earlier this week to discuss the crisis in the government. Salfini clashed with fellow Deputy Prime Minister Luigi Di Mayo of the five-star movement.
Germany's trade surplus doubled to 18.1 billion euros in June
Germany's seasonally adjusted foreign trade surplus reached 18.1 billion euros in June, down from 18.7 billion euros in May, according to interim data released by Destatis on Friday. In unadjusted terms, the trade surplus figure was 16.8 billion euros.
- Exports amounted to 106.1 billion euros, down 0.1% on a monthly basis and down 8% compared with June 2018.
- Exports to the EU amounted to 63.5 billion euros, while exports to third countries amounted to 42.6 billion euros.
- Imports rose 0.5% month-on-month, but fell 4.4% year-on-year to 89.3 billion euros, of which 53.3 billion euros were imported from the EU.
European stock openings
- Italy's FTSE MIB fell 1.64% at 9:15 am CET, as banks suffered the biggest losses. UniCredit fell by 5%, followed by BPER Banca, Banco BPM, and UBI Banca, all down 4%.
- In London, the FTSE 100 fell 0.23% at 9:13 am CET, with the Standard Life Aberdeen down 1.72% at 9:14 am CET.
- The DAX fell 0.33% at 9:14 CET, with shares of ThyssenKrupp, which fell 2.69%, leading losses.
- The CAC 40 traded 0.32% in the red at 9:14 AM CET. ArcelorMittal was the worst performer as its stock fell 1.89% at 9:15 am CET.
The euro rose 0.15% against the dollar to go to 1.1197 at 9:16 CET.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01