The dollar was mixed after US GDP data in the second quarter
2019-08-29 01:04 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 45
The Yen and the Swiss Franc also fell against the Dollar during Thursday's trading amid optimism about the future of trade negotiations between the US and China, which reduced demand for safe havens.
US GDP growth declined by 2.0% in the second quarter
On the data front, a Commerce Department report on Thursday showed that the growth rate in US economic activity slowed slightly more than preliminary estimates in the second quarter. The Commerce Department said gross domestic product rose 2.0 percent in the second quarter, compared with the previously reported growth of 2.1 percent. The downward revision was in line with economists' estimates.
The second quarter's revised GDP growth compared with a jump of 3.1 percent in the first quarter's GDP.
China: We will not respond now to the new US tariffs and prefer to stop the trade war
China has signaled that it will not retaliate against the recent increase in tariffs announced by President Donald Trump last week, stressing the need to discuss ways to stop the trade war between the world's two largest economies. Gao Feng, spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce, told reporters in Beijing: China has enough means of retaliation, but believes it is more important now to discuss the abolition of new tariffs to prevent the escalation of trade war.
Meanwhile, as the US-China trade war has worsened in previous months, Beijing led an inter-agency effort to assess the exposure of local technology companies to US suppliers and their ability to fight further trade war shocks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources familiar with Thursday.
According to sources, officials from the National Development and Reform Commission and ministries of commerce and industry have inquired about some local companies about the structure of the supply chain and dependence on US suppliers. Gathering local businesses is part of Beijing's long-term goal of gradually cutting dependence on US technology and its efforts to ensure that Chinese companies do not bear the weight of the many measures and countermeasures imposed so far.
Dollar trades against major currencies
• The dollar index rose against the major currencies by 0.08% to settle at 98.30 points.
• The euro fell against the dollar by 0.05% to trade the euro dollar at 1.1072.
• Against the Pound, the greenback gained 0.04% to trade at 1.2204.
• The greenback was up 0.13% to trade at 106.260 Yen.
• The Swiss franc slipped 0.11% to trade at 0.9826.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01