Pound Sterling rises as Brexit postponed on Wednesday
2019-09-05 01:07 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 73
The pound rose against its major counterparts at the European session on Thursday, as UK lawmakers passed a bill to avoid a Brexit on Wednesday.
British lawmakers debate snap elections again on Monday
Prime Minister Boris Johnson's bid for early elections in mid-October will be discussed again on Monday, the House of Commons's official schedule showed on Thursday. The bill to delay Brexit until January 31 will also return to the House of Representatives on Monday after being passed by the House of Lords and before being sent to the Queen for signature.
The proposal for early elections on October 15 failed to obtain a simple majority yesterday evening, with 298 deputies voting in favor and 56 against. The demand is for at least 434 deputies, or two-thirds of all parliamentarians, to support early elections. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has summoned Labor Party leader Jeremy Corbyn for opposing early elections, saying it was "clear" that his main rival "does not believe he can win."
Boris Johnson's brother resigned as deputy minister
The brother of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced his resignation from his parliamentary and ministerial posts on Thursday.
In a tweet posted on his profile, Joe said it was an honor to represent his constituency Orpington and work under three prime ministers. He said he was "torn" between "family loyalty and national interest" in recent weeks and that tension "cannot be resolved." He concluded by saying that it was time for others to assume his role as deputies and minister of state in the Ministry of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and the Ministry of Education. He previously served as Minister of Universities and Science from 2015 to 2018.
Johnson's sudden departure comes after his brother lost two key votes in parliament on Wednesday. Lawmakers first adopted a bill requiring Johnson to secure a deal with the European Union before the country withdraws from the bloc. They then voted not to hold early elections on October 15 as Johnson initially requested.
- The pound rose to 0.8950 against the euro, its strongest level since July 26. The currency is likely to find resistance around 0.88.
- The pound advanced to a five-week high of 1.2139 against the franc, from Wednesday's closing values of 1.2016
- The pound rose to 1.2347 levels against the dollar, from Wednesday's closing values of 1.2252, respectively.
- The currency rose to 131.59 against the yen for the first time since August 1.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01