pound jumps to a 6-week high after Boris Johnson's remarks
2019-09-09 11:41 am | Resource: News | No Views : 49
The pound regained its losses on Monday since late July after Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed that he believed a withdrawal agreement with the European Union could be reached by October 18. Meanwhile, he urged to abandon the Irish lawsuit, a proposal considered unacceptable by his Irish counterpart, Leo Faradkar.
Later in the day, lawmakers in London were due to confirm a bill to delay Brexit and vote again on possible early elections next month. Investors also digested new data on UK GDP, trade balance and industrial production.
The British Parliament will be suspended tonight
A spokesman for the government confirmed on Monday that the UK parliament will be suspended tonight, after the House of Commons ends its activities for the day, and jurisdiction will continue until October 14. Downing Street also urged lawmakers to vote later in the day to propose early elections on October 15, which was already rejected last week because it needed a two-thirds majority. Parliamentarians are also due to confirm a bill to delay the Brexit, which was passed last week and sent to the Queen for signature.
Johnson: The UK will never search the Irish border
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson reiterated on Monday that his country "must" leave the European Union on October 31 or it would be "permanently damaged" by its democratic system.
Johnson also stressed that the UK "will never" conduct inspections on the border with Ireland, which remains the point of disagreement with Brussels included in the deal negotiated by his predecessor Theresa May. "We need to make sure that the UK is not closed within the EU through support," he said, adding that Ireland must be given the necessary guarantees regarding freedom of movement on the island, as stipulated in the Good Friday Agreement. From 1998.
Johnson confirmed that he really believes it is possible to find a solution to the Irish border problem to buy the 18th of October and revealed that his government has an "abundance" of proposals.
- At 11:43 CET, the pound rose 0.53% against the dollar, buying $ 1.23549, the highest level since July 29.
- The British currency jumped 0.77% compared to the Swiss franc at 11:45 CET, trading at 1.22245.
- The yen rose 0.62%, at 132.17250 yen at 11:47 CET.
- The Pound rose 0.39% against the Euro at the same time, with the GBP trading at 1.11868 EUR.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01