Markets in the United States opens lower amid new trade tensions
2019-10-08 02:45 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 26
Markets in the United States opened losses on Tuesday on fresh trade tensions between the United States and China ahead of high-level negotiations this week. The US Department of Commerce listed many Chinese companies, including Hikvision, on a blacklist on Monday, and Beijing responded by pledging to retaliate against the move. Moreover, Chinese media reported that the country does not expect much from the upcoming talks and its delegation could shorten its stay in the United States.
US producer prices fell 0.3% in August
US producer price index (PPI) for final demand in the US fell 0.3% on a seasonally adjusted basis in September compared to August, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics said on Tuesday. On an unadjusted basis, producer prices rose 1.4% for the year ended last month.
The reason for the decline in the final demand index was a 0.4% decline in the prices of final demand goods, while the final demand services index fell 0.2%.
Final demand prices excluding food, energy and trade were unchanged from the previous month and added 1.7% year on year.
Treasuries jump amid stock selling and fear of trade war
Market participants flocked to government debt for safety on Tuesday along with a buying spell targeting gold and silver. US sovereign debt prices rose and pressure rose further after unconfirmed reports that the White House is analyzing the possibility of limiting Chinese holdings of shares in its pension funds. When bonds jump, yields go down and vice versa.
- The yield on two-year Treasuries fell 2.4 basis points to 1.436% at 8:01 am ET.
- The ten-year price fell 3.9 points to 1.522% compared to a 3.2 point drop to 2.021% for a 30-year measurement.
- The corresponding futures rose 0.07%, 0.24% and 0.38%, respectively.
US Stock Trading
- The Dow fell 0.93% or 250 points at 9:31 Eastern Time. Nike was the worst performer, dropping 2.53% at 9:31 Eastern Time.
- The Nasdaq 100 fell 0.79% at 9:30 am ET, with Nvidia down 2.56% at 9:36 am ET.
- The S&P 500 fell 0.81% at 9:31 am ET. United Rentals, which fell 4.13% at 9:31 am ET, led the losses.
The euro rose 0.05% against the dollar to trade at 1.09764 at 9:32 am ET, while the pound lost 0.67% against the dollar to go at 1.22090 at 9:33 am ET.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01