Dollar weakened amid investor focus on trade talks and Brexit
2019-10-09 12:04 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 36
The dollar slipped against the euro in early trade on Wednesday, and the pound rose as investor focus remained on upcoming US-China trade talks scheduled to begin on Thursday in Washington. The prospects for progress in trade talks between the United States and China dimmed after the Trump administration imposed visa restrictions on Chinese officials and expanded its trade blacklist to include some of China's leading AI companies.
The Trump administration is also discussing possible restrictions on capital flows to China, focusing on investments by US government pension funds, Bloomberg said.
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said on Tuesday he was open to further interest rate cuts and signaled that the central bank plans to resume raising its balance sheet to ensure that financial markets function smoothly.
Report: EU ready to propose alternative to Irish support problem.
The European Union is ready to offer another solution to the problem of Irish support, The Times reported Wednesday, citing sources familiar with the matter. The last-minute proposal consists of the unilateral abolition of the withdrawal agreement by the Northern Ireland Assembly after the proposed date in 2025.
Yesterday, hopes for a deal between the EU and the UK on Britain's departure dimmed after German Chancellor Angela Merkel told British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that Northern Ireland must remain in the customs union to reach an agreement. However, Johnson's spokesman revealed that the British prime minister still wanted to reach an agreement with Brussels. It has also been reported that the EU will discuss postponing Brexit if Downing Street so requests. Postponement may continue until June 2020.
- Dollar index, which tracks the greenback versus a basket of advanced market currencies, was down 0.1% to 99.05.
- The EUR / USD pair traded at $ 1.0977, up almost 0.2% from Tuesday's levels.
- The dollar was up 0.22% at 1.0126 against the Swiss franc.
- The Dollar rose against the Japanese currency to trade at 107.35 against the Yen.
- Against the yen, the pound was up 0.32% against the yen at 131.22 yen.
- The dollar traded higher against the pound, trading at $ 1.2222.
- The British currency fell 0.14% against the euro to trade at 0.89808 euros.
- The pound rose 0.24% against the franc to trade at 1.21658 levels.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01