British Pound Rises Despite the Contraction of British Economy
2019-10-10 09:36 am | Resource: News | No Views : 51
Sterling traded higher against most of the major currencies after data from the UK showed a decline in GDP, a decline in industrial production and shrinking trade deficit.
The UK economy contracted by 0.1% in August
The UK's Office for National Statistics said on Thursday that growth in gross domestic product (GDP) became negative in August. The economy fell 0.1% and was below zero for the first time since April. However, the upward revision came to 0.4% for expansion in July.
Also, the 3-month continuous growth of 0.3% was strong, surprising the upside. It improved by 0.2 percentage points from the previous month after GDP contracted by 0.2% in the quarter to June.
The data showed that manufacturing was delayed in the three-month period covered by the report while television and film production were in the lead. The production index fell 0.4% but the negative contribution to the total was only six basis points due to the size of the sector. Construction advanced 0.1%, with a marginal impact, while the non-manufacturing sector jumped 0.4%, and constitutes 36 basis points in the overall expansion.
British annual growth slowed to 1.1% from 1.3%.
UK industrial production fell 0.6% in August
The Office for National Statistics said on Thursday that UK industrial production fell 0.6% month-on-month in August and 0.4% in the three months to August, driven by a decline in manufacturing.
- Year-on-year decline in the three-month period was 1.3%.
Besides manufacturing, the electricity, gas, mining and quarrying sector was the biggest contributor to the monthly decline, losing 0.7% and 1% respectively, as well as pharmaceutical products which shrank by 4.7%.
The UK's trade deficit shrinks to 4.6 billion pounds
The UK's overall trade deficit fell by 13.0 billion pounds in the three months to August to 4.6 billion pounds, the Office for National Statistics said in a report released on Thursday. Imports of goods were the main cause of the decline, falling by £ 9.2 billion to £ 118.8 billion in the June-August period.
The service trade surplus was £ 23.8 billion in the same period, up £ 0.5 billion.
When adjusting for inflation, the deficit was £ 4.3 billion. On a yearly basis, the total trade deficit increased by £ 18.6 billion to £ 50.4 billion in the 12 months ending August 2019.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01