Swiss central bank maintains negative interest rates and inflation is expected to exceed the target
2017-12-14 12:44 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 408
The Swiss National Bank (SNB) maintained its expansionary stance on monetary policy on Thursday and reaffirmed its commitment to remain active in the foreign exchange market when necessary, although the franc weakened against the euro and the US dollar. The bank also expects inflation to exceed its target within three years due to currency weakness.
The SNB deposit rate was maintained at -0.75 percent and Libor's three-month target range remained unchanged at 1.25 percent and 0.25 percent, the bank said in a statement. The bank said the franc was overvalued The Swiss continued to fall, but the Franc remains of high value. The devaluation of the Swiss franc reflects the fact that safe havens are currently less glamorous for investors.
However, the Swiss National Bank saw this development as fragile. Therefore, despite the easing of the situation, the negative interest rate and the willingness of the central bank to intervene in the foreign exchange market, if necessary, remain necessary. The bank said that the revaluation of the franc will continue to pose a threat to price and economic developments. Swiss National Bank President Thomas Jordan said that expansionary monetary policy Is still appropriate to support the recovery, thus ensuring price stability, taking into account economic developments.
Jessica Hinds, an economist at Capital Economics, said the Swiss National Bank would not want to raise interest rates until after the European Central Bank begins to normalize its austerity policy. The economist expects the SNB to look at how the ECB's tightening will progress before they follow Swiss interest rates are expected to remain in place until early 2020, and the Cove Institute said in its winter forecast released on Thursday that the negative interest rate will end slowly. The Research Center predicts an initial rise in long-term interest rates next year, and in 2019 a slow increase in short-term interest rates that are still negative, Cove predicted that the economy will grow by 2.3% in 2018 and 1.7% in 2019.
The recovery in the Swiss economy is expected to continue in the coming months, the central bank said. For 2018, the Swiss National Bank expected GDP growth of about 2 per cent, compared to 1 per cent in 2017, and the bank expects a 0.5 per cent rise instead of 0.4 per cent. For 2018, inflation expectations were revised to 0.7 percent after 0.4 percent, while forecasts for 2019 remained at 1.1 percent. Inflation is expected to rise to 2.1 percent in the third quarter of 2020, Of the central bank's target of less than 2 per cent.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01