The Turkish lira fell in tandem with the attack on the US embassy in Ankara
2018-08-20 01:32 pm | Resource: | No Views : 278
The Turkish lira fell in tandem with the attack on the US embassy in Ankara, where the Turkish lira fell on Monday after a further downgrade of the country's credit rating on Friday and reports of shots fired at the US embassy in Ankara.
S & P and Moody's downgraded Turkey's sovereign credit rating on Friday amid a currency crisis in the country.
Standard & Poor's pointed out "extreme volatility in the value of the lira," while Moody's warned of "weakening public institutions in Turkey and related reductions in predictability of the Turkish policy industry."
Market observers also monitored developments after the US embassy in the Turkish capital was shot on Monday, causing no casualties.
Relations between the United States and Ankara have deteriorated and concerns over the growing control of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan over monetary policy and the economy have seen the lira faltering more than 40 percent this year.
The decline in the lira led to a deterioration in the financial markets amid concerns about exposure of companies to the Turkish currency and the Turkish economy.
Sentiment towards Turkey stabilized to some extent following a move by the country's authorities last week to make it more difficult for foreign investors to bet on the lira, as well as a renewed pledge by the Turkish finance chief not to use capital controls.
Erdogan: There is an attempt at the economic coup in Turkey
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said today that after his re-election to the AKP, sanctions against Turkey amounted to an "economic coup."
"What happened to the pound has nothing to do with the economy and the crises we had before," Erdogan said, speaking indirectly at the party work in Ankara. "Our economy is healthy, standing and holding up." The exchange rate will return to reasonable indicators in the near future. "
We do not give up to those who act as strategic partners but make us a strategic target, "he said. Of our goals. "The Turkish president also hinted that Washington was achieving its goals by" exploiting "other countries.
The Turkish lira has fluctuated over the past two weeks as tension between Ankara and Washington escalated over the arrest of Rev. Andrew Brunson.
Turkish financial markets are expected to close early on their half-day holiday on Monday and will remain on holiday for the rest of the week.
The dollar rose 1.38 percent to 6.1007 an hour (10:25 GMT). The lira recovered from record lows of 7.2 against the dollar, which had reached just over a week, but remained low around 23% during the month.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01