Gold Falls and Expectations to Raise US Interest Rates
2018-09-20 10:52 am | Resource: News | No Views : 251
Gold Falls and Expectations to Raise US Interest Rates Gold prices fell on Thursday despite a weaker dollar amid volatile trade concerns as investors awaited economic data later in the session and look to the Federal Policy Session next week. Where
The precious metal fell about 11.6% from a high in April due to escalating trade disputes between the United States and China and rising US interest rates as a catalyst for gold selling. Which affected the trading of bonds and shares
Trading in German and British bonds varied
The prices of government securities issued by the United Kingdom and Germany slightly changed on Thursday and are looking for direction. UK retail sales came last month with slower growth, but the rates actually surprised the upside, in part due to the expected seasonal impact. Investors are expecting the European Union's consumer confidence data for September and the speech by German Central Bank President Jens Weidemann.
The yield on two-year bonds from the eurozone's largest economy was 0.2 basis points higher at 10:56 CET, down 0.521%. The 10-year pound gained 0.487%, or 0.4 points lower for the day, while the 30-year index was down 0.4 points at 1.138%. Similar futures prices fell 0.01% and 0.01% lower and remained unchanged, respectively.
The British two-year yield moved one point higher to 0.858%. The yield on 10-year US Treasury bonds fell by 0.2 points to 1.462 percent, and the 30-year benchmark was 0.8 basis points in the red zone at 1.952 percent. The proceeds go up when the bonds lose their value and vice versa.
Dollar trading and interest rate expectations
The dollar was also under pressure after a report said the US and Canada are unlikely to reach agreement on NAFTA this week. As investors were looking to take the next Federal Reserve decision on Sept. 26. Markets now expect the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates by a quarter point, while futures prices in the fund will increase at the end of the year by more than 80% probability.
Precious metals trading
- Gold futures for December delivery were down $ 0.70 or 0.06% at $ 1,207.60 an ounce in the Newش York Mercantile Exchange.
- Silver futures fell 0.04% to $ 14.275 an ounce by 9:56 GMT
- Palladium futures rose 0.22% to $ 1,033.10 an ounce
- While Platinum Metal was up 0.10% at $ 822.70.
- In basic metals, copper fell 0.49% to $ 2.716 per pound.
(CURDE OIL - WTI ) We offer you oil analysis denominated by US dollar on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, with the most important forecast for the price of oil denominated by US dollars in the market. Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The purchasing power managed to push oil higher to close at the end of trading today, rising…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 17 April 2019 11:11 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 16 April 2019 09:04 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 16 April 2019 09:03 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 15 April 2019 10:34 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 15 April 2019 10:20 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 12 April 2019 01:43 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 12 April 2019 01:32 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 11 April 2019 09:03 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 11 April 2019 08:53 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Dollar weakness and trade tensions strengthen precious metal 2018-08-27
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Oil prices rise ahead of US inventory data 2018-08-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01