Asian markets diverge as US-China talks continue
2019-01-08 07:25 am | Resource: News | No Views : 197
Markets in East Asia and Australia varied on Tuesday as negotiations continued on trade issues affecting the US-China relationship.
The presence of Liu Hu, a top aide to Chinese President Xi Jinping at the start of the meeting with the delegation from Washington, indicated Beijing's "opening up of solutions" to the trade dispute.
Meanwhile, Japan's former Nissan Motors and Mitsubishi Motors Corp chairman Carlos Ghosn denied charges against him in court in Tokyo.
Japanese consumer confidence fell slightly in December
Consumer confidence in Japan fell slightly in December, according to the Office of the Prime Minister in his latest report. The consumer confidence index was at 42.7, down 0.2 points from the previous month, in a survey of 8,400 households.
The desire to buy durable goods was the only component of the index which recorded an increase compared to November at 42.8 or 0.4 higher. At the same time, the level of public earnings decreased by 0.2 to 40.6, while income growth was 0.1 points in December at 21.7, while the employment index reached 45.8 or 0.8 points.
83.2% of respondents expect prices to rise within a year, representing a decrease of 1.3% compared to November. 10.8% of expected prices will remain unchanged, while 4% of households believe prices will fall.
Ghosn denies accusations of "commendable"
Carlos Ghosn, former president of Nissan Motors, denied the charges against him in the Tokyo District Court, saying it was "baseless and unfounded."
"Unlike the charges made by the prosecutors, I have not received any compensation from Nissan that has not been disclosed, and I have not entered into any binding contract with Nissan for a fixed amount that has not been disclosed," Ghosn said. Acted "honorably, legally and with the knowledge and approval of the appropriate executives within the company to assist in the promotion of the Japanese automaker."
Ghosn was previously removed from the post of President of Mitsubishi Motors and Nissan.
Kim Jong-un travels to China for a four-day visit
South Korean leader Kim Jong-un flew to China late on Monday, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported. He will remain in the country until January 10. The official Xinhua news agency said Kim invited him to President Xi Jinping.
Earlier reports claimed that a North Korean train entered China at about 10:15 pm local time. Unknown sources said that "dozens of cars and security officials closed the roads" around the railway station in the Chinese city of Dandong to allow the North Korean train to pass safely.
Asian Indices Trading
- The Shanghai Composite Index was 0.20% in the red zone at 4:30 am CET,
- While the Shenzhen Composite Index was flat at 4:46 CET.
- The Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong rose 0.17% at 4:47 CET.
- The Nikkei rose 0.36% at 04:48 CET.
- South Korea's Kospi Index fell 0.08% at 4:27 am CET.
- The S & P / ASX 200 rose 0.50% in Australia at 04:48 CET.
The greenback was trading 0.07% higher against the yen as it traded at 108.7845 at 4:46 CET.
(CURDE OIL - WTI ) We offer you oil analysis denominated by US dollar on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, with the most important forecast for the price of oil denominated by US dollars in the market. Time frame Used - four hours Oil is moving in a sideway direction in the near term. The purchasing power managed to push oil higher to close at the end of trading today, rising…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 17 April 2019 11:11 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 16 April 2019 09:04 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 16 April 2019 09:03 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 15 April 2019 10:34 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 15 April 2019 10:20 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 12 April 2019 01:43 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 12 April 2019 01:32 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Oil 11 April 2019 09:03 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The Gold 11 April 2019 08:53 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Dollar weakness and trade tensions strengthen precious metal 2018-08-27
- The rise of gasoline contracts supports oil to reach its levels in two months 2017-07-28
- Oil prices maintain their highest level in 8 weeks 2017-07-28
- Oil prices rise ahead of US inventory data 2018-08-28
- Brief Market News 2017-07-12
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01